First It Was Easy Taxi, Now Uber Doa?!

Uber needs to be regulated, they need to screen their drivers and either let them set their own prices and be true independent contractors or treat them as true employees.

They're completely unsustainable at current prices, burning through VC money at crazy rates. They won't be as competitive as Taxi's once that money has ran out.

The city seriously needs to organise a taxi app like easytaxi though.

Its a similar situation with Air BnB where a bunch of apartment owners aren't getting the correct fire regulations for having what is effectively a hotel / hostel / apart hotel.

As a flat owner i'd be very pissed if my neighbour opened up an illicit hotel next door. There are zoning permits, rules and regulations for a reason.

Anything that will take power away from unions , i'm in favor, they already have to much power here and are part of the problem, however if you have any doubts see how'' poor'' union hot shots live,(of course in the struggle against the always unfair'' patrones'')they are a joke!!!

Things are heating up already.

http://www.infobae.com/2016/03/28/1800272-taxistas-arrojaron-piedras-al-hotel-donde-capacitaban-los-choferes-uber

I think taxi fares have gone up at least twice in in last 4-5 months.

I am mostly paying between 75 ( 5 usd) to 120 ( 8 usd) pesos for almost all my rides.

One of the main reasons, for the abundance of taxis here,as I'm sure that most of you realize, is that for decades the economy has not kept pace with the number of people needing work.
On top of which the UBA keeps churning out graduates who also can not find work as lawyers,psycologysts etc.,etc.( not engineers and other techies however) which the job market is continually glutted with.
Add to that the extreme facility under which the CBA issued taxi licenses and you get "Glut City " for "Tachos"
It will take years for a growing economy to level this more or less out.
Uber is a good start.I have never used them in The U.S. but do all the time in Panama.

On top of which the UBA keeps churning out graduates who also can not find work as lawyers,psycologysts etc.,etc.( not engineers and other techies however)

Also Macri said they need 4000 engineers for the oil sector here (during his visit in Italy).
Where are the jobs for engineer?
by
an electrical engineer

Back