(First Post) British Passport Renewal / Postage To Arg

Gosh it used to be so much easier when you were able to go to the Embassy direct and get it done that way! We are in the process of relocating to BA from Beirut! Just got my sons renewed at a UK Visa/immigration office as there are no postal addresses here! By the way you are not a friend of Giancarlos are you? You sound familiar !!

Gosh it used to be so much easier when you were able to go to the Embassy direct and get it done that way! We are in the process of relocating to BA from Beirut! Just got my sons renewed at a UK Visa/immigration office as there are no postal addresses here! By the way you are not a friend of Giancarlos are you? You sound familiar !!

Hi Natalie, small world hehe. When I saw Beirut thought it might be you. Hows everything going ? spoke to him the other week. Sounded a bit of a chaotic start with the storms that hit BA when he arrived.
Still need to get my eldests passport done, they didnt like our countersignee`s signature so have to send the form again. Its a pain like you say.

So funny! The world is indeed a small place! We are all good, just stressed about the move but once the school is confirmed everything else will fall into place! Hopefully we will catch up once we are over! Good luck with passport renewal! I am sure G will be in touch with you again soon ! I for sure will be on BAexpats a lot more once I am in BA ! Great place to communicate! Speak soon x

I`m sure it will go all ok, its manic for a few weeks (months?) either side of moving but things calm down. As you probably know yourselves! Just hope BA isnt too frustrating for you, it can be at times but theres lots to love about it aswell. Good Luck anyway.

You forget Paul! We have been living in Beirut four years now with car bombs , traffic chaos, pollution, no green spaces, electricity cuts, internet soooo slow you want to throw the laptop out the window and an evacuation out of the country! The way I learnt to live with it...ignore it! Ha! So I hope BA will be a little better! We will see! I am sure I will miss Lebanon for its food but I see there are quite a few Lebanese restaurants in BA so that's a good thing! What is hard, is saying goodbye to friends!

Think you`ll like BA then , it has some of the things you mention (power cuts, traffic problems,etc) thankfully no car bombs. Has some great parks in the centre and plenty of nice restaurants, a few of middle eastern & far eastern,etc immigrants here have opened restaurants. Theres a few pubs aswell if you`re missing fish and chips and a pint ;-)

Little update on uk passports.

They do send them back via DHL but their website gives you no tracking numbers, when you phone up asking for one make sure you get a 10 digit DHL number and not their stupid internal tracking number like i got twice.

Little update on uk passports.

They do send them back via DHL but their website gives you no tracking numbers, when you phone up asking for one make sure you get a 10 digit DHL number and not their stupid internal tracking number like i got twice.

Thanks.
We just received ours back. I phoned them 2 weeks ago to check on its progress. First went to an operator who took my details and asked what I wanted to know about the application. I said I just wanted to check if theyd received our second countersignature form ok (first was rejected). They diverted me to the passport office. Who took the same details and then said someone would contact me within 3 working days. 3 days later received a scanned letter via email saying they could do give me any information as the application was currently being process. Today I received the passport via dhl, took a week to arrive to our front door. So not very helpful.

Back