Fishing? Discrimination? Want Your Opinion Please...

Status
Not open for further replies.
After reading your numerous contributions to this forum I will not waste time replying to you, and you obviously are missing the point.

I have been interacting with expats for over 10 years now as my husband is an expat himself. I initially joined different groups, etc in hopes that he will get engaged too, but he was never really that interested. Having experienced both the good and the bad here together, I continued to post on different forums, groups, etc, and met wonderful people through the years. I have mostly tried out to make things easier for those ones coming to Arg because I knew first hand some of the problems they were going to face. At one point I ran a small RE business along with an expat girl, where we aimed to provide long term rentals for expats at reasonable prices, etc.

I requested to join an expat group on Facebook, and was denied after a brief interrogatory asking who I was, what I was doing here and where I was from. I see these people spamming several Facebook groups and pages with their meetings and tours, etc. This left a bitter taste in my mouth. I wonder if they are out there " fishing " for unsuspecting expats that have no local relatives or friends (?). How would you feel if your partners, relatives, children, where rejected and openly discriminated? I am just looking for your input.

If it's a social meetings group for expats, then by allowing non expats, it no longer remains an expats meeting group.

It's not a company or a profitable organization, it doesn't even describe itself as a club (as far as I can tell from the blogspot website) it's referred to a group on the facebook page. It's an individual person (Claudia) organising a gathering on foreigners living/visiting/working in Argentina, in the similar way an individual invites their friends to a party or social gathering (just in this case slightly more public)

After reading your numerous contributions to this forum I will not waste time replying to you, and you obviously are missing the point.

Are you discriminating against people because you don't like their responses, even though the title of the thread says "Want Your Opinion Please..."

That's not to say I totally agree with the idea of the 'expats social meetings', if you come to live/study/work in a foreign country I believe you should make the effort to integrate with the local people and learn about the local culture... but that's just my opinion...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back