Fishing? Discrimination? Want Your Opinion Please...

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikad

Registered
I have been interacting with expats for over 10 years now as my husband is an expat himself. I initially joined different groups, etc in hopes that he will get engaged too, but he was never really that interested. Having experienced both the good and the bad here together, I continued to post on different forums, groups, etc, and met wonderful people through the years. I have mostly tried out to make things easier for those ones coming to Arg because I knew first hand some of the problems they were going to face. At one point I ran a small RE business along with an expat girl, where we aimed to provide long term rentals for expats at reasonable prices, etc.

I requested to join an expat group on Facebook, and was denied after a brief interrogatory asking who I was, what I was doing here and where I was from. I see these people spamming several Facebook groups and pages with their meetings and tours, etc. This left a bitter taste in my mouth. I wonder if they are out there " fishing " for unsuspecting expats that have no local relatives or friends (?). How would you feel if your partners, relatives, children, where rejected and openly discriminated? I am just looking for your input.

I´m shocked. I am on several Facebook pages for expats, plus some not on Facebook, plus I have a web site for people interested in coming to South America and I cannot imagine anyone turning down anyone, and particularly a national with great first hand experience. Perhaps they´re interested in attracting only prospects for expatriation but still that strikes me as rude.

Would you mind telling us who it is? I´ve followed people in the business for a while and I´m curious about what they´re up to.

Perhaps they are overly cautious and don't wish to be victims themselves? Not sure!

I've never been one to seek out other expats - except for this site - and I certainly wouldn't participate in any events where my husband isn't welcome.

That said, if they wish to run an "exclusive" expat group, that's up to them I suppose. It would be a little weird for my husband to join expat groups or go to expat events by himself. :D

I wonder what coud happen if you say you are going to send a letter to Carta de Lectores from La Nacion saying that you have been discriminated without any good reason, by the way you can send the letter by mail and is free.
Reina

And here is the conversation ( get some popcorn ) I am not saying thy are out there to scam people, but in 10 years I never experienced anything like this...
  • Hi Veronica, we got your request to join our travalers & expats group in Buenos Aires, thanks for your interest! Where are you from and how long are you planning to stay in town?

Claudia - Social Meetings Team Bs Aires
  • Hi Claudia, I am living here permanently atm. Thx for your msg.
  • Hi Veronica, I see. Are you argentine?
  • yes, married to an expat too
  • Hi Veronica, thanks for the confirmation. The group is made from and for expats & foreign travelers in town. If we plan any open activity we will let you guys know so that you can come along if youd like to join! Thanks

Claudia - Buenos Aires Social Meetings Team
  • No problem, I am sure most expats will find it handy to know how their partners or families are discriminated as well. Keep up the good work!
  • Hi Veronica, its a shame you feel that way, its not our intention. On the contrary, is just how the group was created, and so is indicated in its description, just that. Thanks for your kind words anyways. We wish good luck to you,

I guess I am not allowed to post the name, but you will surely figure it out.

• yes, married to an expat too
  • Hi Veronica, thanks for the confirmation. The group is made from and for expats & foreign travelers in town. If we plan any open activity we will let you guys know so that you can come along if youd like to join! Thanks

are you kidding me??? is for EXPATS, you are NOT... wow woman you are really a drama queen, next time try to join the black panther party.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back