Fitness Store

Popper

Registered
Does anyone have a recommendation for a general fitness store? I'm looking for a place that sells yoga mats, dumbbells, resistance bands, the push-up things, etc...

There's one at the corner where Sta Fe turns in Cabildo and splits off into LM Campos -- they have pretty much everything you're talking about.

perfect - close to my apartment - I'll check it out this weekend. thanks!

Popper said:
Does anyone have a recommendation for a general fitness store? I'm looking for a place that sells yoga mats, dumbbells, resistance bands, the push-up things, etc...

Two quick questions:

1) Does anyone know of any other places that sell dumbells?

I wasn't real fond on the price at the place on Santa Fe in Palermo.

A 5 kilo plate was $100AR and the dumbbell bar was $90AR. So a simple 10 kilo dumbell cost $290AR there.

2) Does that price sound right?

I know some things can be more expensive in BA than in the US, but it seems a bit pricey.

You should buy a kettlebell. I bought a 32kg/70lb one here for 390 pesos. It pretty much replaces a gym membership for the 6 months that I'm here. Not bad for 390 pesos.

Thanks Sing. It's something I would consider, but my main purpose of posting in this thread is to find stores that sell dumbbells, kettleballs, etc...and to figure out what the prices should be. It just seems like the $290 pesos for (2) 5 kilo plates and a dumbbell bar seemed pricey.

I was looking for some in Coto.
If you get the bare-bones metal ones, they were more reasonable - it was i think 20 or 30 pesos for 1 kilo ones - but they didn't have anything heavier..

They had other ones that were more like what you'd get in the gym - wrapped in a plastic lining, prettier colors. A set of 2 1-kilos and 2 2-kilos was like 160 pesos. I just don't get how/why they are that expensive!

maybe jumbo?

There's a great store at MT Alvear 1238, near Libertad. The name is Gym Home.

So I shopped around and found a decent deal:

Deportivo y Marcial
Av. Ángel Gallardo 1049, Capital Federal
Deal: 10 kilos, a bar, and (2) bar locks
Cost: $104AR

You can purchase online or at the store...same price.

The $208AR for 20KG with 2 bars and 4 locks is a much better price than what else I had seen. My last check was $290AR for 10KG and 1 bar...or $580 for the same items I bought at Deportivo y Marcial for $208AR.

Back