Flight connection at Aeroparque - Can I make it?

niceguyeddie

Registered
I'm flying in to Ezeiza on Monday morning and hope to catch a domestic flight from Aeroparque a bit later.

I arrive at Ezeiza at 7:30 am and want to fly out of Aeroparque at midday, using the Manuel Tienda Leon shuttle service between airports. I am a bit concerned with the subte strike on Monday that the roads are gonna be gridlocked.

Do you think I am gonna make it?

I think you will be able to make it, even if there is a subte strike, you should be able to make it across gran buenos aires in 4.5 hours.

Where are you coming from?
As a foreigner, I think you might be done with Luggage retrieval and Customs around 9am. Might take longer for nationals.

ctru said:
Which airline are you flying in with?

Flying in with BA, hopefully flying out of Aeroparque with LAN.

Is it 1 hour before flight time check in for domestic flights?

niceguyeddie said:
Flying in with BA, hopefully flying out of Aeroparque with LAN.

Is it 1 hour before flight time check in for domestic flights?

In my experience LAN Check In at AEP is terrible. For my last trip to Bariloche I arrived at AEP 2 hours before the flight and 30 minutes before departure time I was still in the luggage Check In queue. (Checking In online is meaningless if you have luggage).

From your landing at EZE allow 2 hours and 10 minutes to get to AEP by taxi. My clients without fail always get to the centre 2 hours after arrival.

So, if you are delayed at EZE I suggest a taxi to AEP. If you arrive on time, the bus should be fine.

I would suggest you assume yourself screwed and if you actually do make it, consider yourself lucky and receiving a wonderful gift. this attitude is recommended for everything and anything in argentina, or having to do with argentinians.

The fastest I have ever been out of Eze and back to San Telmo is around 45 minutes from walking off the plane, was sitting in the front of the plane and was first to imigration were there was no line, and had only carry on baggage so went to customns again no line, got in a taxi within 15 minutes of walking off the plane, and sped traffic free straight home. However I have had it also take close to 2 hours to get past customs because of lines, and having to wait for checked baggage.

Landing at 7:30 you should beat most of the US flights and hopefully not have to much of a wait at either imigration or customs from other flights, so depending on were you are on the plane, how full it is, day of the week for traffic, and whether you have checked baggage that you need to wait for will determine how fast you get through, but unless just about everything goes against you I think you should be fine with 4:30 hours.

solerboy said:
In my experience LAN Check In at AEP is terrible. For my last trip to Bariloche I arrived at AEP 2 hours before the flight and 30 minutes before departure time I was still in the luggage Check In queue. (Checking In online is meaningless if you have luggage)

They usually have a 'baggage drop' queue for those already checked in - it's LAN's way of encouraging you to check-in online. Each time I fly LAN from AEP to Bariloche it's always been shorter a lot shorter than the check-in queue, I've never waited more than 3 mins... but I haven't flown during peak season...

Back