flights out of kennedy airport for oct or nov.

BROOKLYN

Registered
wow... flights are like 1200 round trip! I hope they go down.. can you guys recommend any affordable hotels in the belgrano area

BROOKLYN said:
wow... flights are like 1200 round trip! I hope they go down.. can you guys recommend any affordable hotels in the belgrano area

So are you asking about flights or hotels or both?

Presuming that you've checked all the usual search engines and that you've searched this site for the several useful tips about booking flights that are on here then let me add my personal tip: as well as flights between JFK and EZE, explore flights from places you don't want to leave from and/or destinations you don't want to go to. It's not as stupid as it sounds because sometimes you will find a flight from - say YYZ just over the border from you - or to - say MVD which is just over the river - which is so much cheaper that it makes the inconvenience worthwhile.

But then if you have searched these pages thoroughly, you'll have seen my tip before.

That is the beginning of the high season here. Many many people visit the city during Spring (as they should, it is beautiful during Spring) and that keeps ticket prices pretty high.

The cheapest ticket that I ever bought between DC and BA was u$s890 and that was in June of 2009. Since then with gas prices and fewer flights, the prices have gotten higher.

In my experience, the cheapest time to buy a ticket can be 1 to 3 months beforehand. At this point, if the flight is not close to being full, or if the airline is worried that it won't be full, they will try to lower the prices to gain more interest. But, and this is important to keep in mind, this is not always the case and sometimes the prices will only rise with time.

But the best thing you can do is check the prices everyday or every week until you see a price that it noticeably better than all the others have been and make your purchase then.

BROOKLYN said:

$1200 is on the low side, esp given the season. Direct flights b/t here and NY are averaging closer to $1500 and I paid $1800 in January. I would jump on that ticket.

Okay, if you leave on a Tuesday or Wednesday the flight will be less expensive. For example, i checked flights on Kayak.com and leaving Tuesday Oct 9 and returning Tuesday the 16th costs $1098 on TAM, $1116 on LAN (both with 1 stop) and $1192 on American (nonstop). If you want to look at Newark, you will end up paying a little bit more per ticket (not including travel to NJ).
I would suggest continually looking at travel booking websites within 3 to 4 months before the trip and try to figure you will end up spending anywhere form $1100 to $1300 for a ticket.
Suerte!

I just arrived last tuesday to BA. I bought my ticket 1 1/2 month beforehand on cheapair.com I think. My boyfriend and I searched continuously for 1 1/2 weeks before deciding on one. i signed up for alerts from kayak.com, that helped. Buying tickets on a tuesday or wednesday morning is good as there is lower demand those days. evening and weekend searches have higher fares. We left on monday morning, arrived in Sao Paulo and had an 8 hour layover (UGH) then connected to BA. Sao Paulo Airport wasn't too bad, if you travel with a friends you can take turns snoozing. Anyway, we paid $750 after taxes and fees and flew with TAM airlines. This may be lower b/c it's almost autumn here. Keep looking, especially within 2 months of your trip, you'll find something cheaper!

Back