Flights to neighbouring countries

CPixie

Registered
Hi,

What's the best/cheapest way to get flights to neighbouring countries (Chile/Paraguay/Bolivia)?
Online? Local travel agent? (If so; can you recommend a good travel agent in BA central?)

Thanks!

I always buy online, it's cheaper and convenient. There are many great sites but I use www.edreams.com It gives you a long list of all airlines flying to the destination you choose in price order.

Thanks. I thought online was better – just thought I'd check after I read in a guidebook that local travel agents often have better prices.
Any thoughts on travelling from/to Paraguay? Visa is not the problem. It's just I heard that flights to/from Asuncion can be delayed quite a bit!?

mini said:

My sister flew PLUNA to Punta del Este because their advertised fare was only 20% higher than Buquebus. Then the airline started hitting her with surprise fees: boarding fees, luggage fees - there was a fee even for her carry-on, and other assorted expenses. She ended up paying almost twice what Buquebus charges, and swore never to fly PLUNA again.

That airline is poorly run - it was hard to get anyone to answer the phone in Punta del Este, and she had to go all the way to Maldonado to pay a fee, as the Peninsula office was "not authorized" to take payments.

I've been advised to fly LAN whenever possible - it is supposed to be the best regional airline.

I've been advised to fly LAN whenever possible - Aerolineas is in the middle of dispute between Spanish and government interests, and prone to wildcat strikes.

Woow.... Sounds one cowboy operation! Thanks for the advice!

CPixie said:
Any thoughts on travelling from/to Paraguay? Visa is not the problem. It's just I heard that flights to/from Asuncion can be delayed quite a bit!?

It depends on where you want to go and how valuable your time is to you. I always travel to and from Paraguay by bus but I don't generally need to go to Asunción and find it more convenient to spend about twelve hours getting to Encarnación and a couple of hours further to my destination. Even if I flew to Asunción I'd have hours more travel ahead of me to get to my destination. If Asunción is your final destination, I imagine that even with airline delays, airport location and checking in/checking out times it's got to be faster by air but whether it's fast enough to justify the cost differential is up to the individual.

SaraSara said:
My sister flew PLUNA to Punta del Este because their advertised fare was only 20% higher than Buquebus. Then the airline started hitting her with surprise fees: boarding fees, luggage fees - there was a fee even for her carry-on, and other assorted expenses. She ended up paying almost twice what Buquebus charges, and swore never to fly PLUNA again.

That airline is poorly run - it was hard to get anyone to answer the phone in Punta del Este, and she had to go all the way to Maldonado to pay a fee, as the Peninsula office was "not authorized" to take payments.

I've been advised to fly LAN whenever possible - it is supposed to be the best regional airline.

I've been advised to fly LAN whenever possible - Aerolineas is in the middle of dispute between Spanish and government interests, and prone to wildcat strikes.

Wow! Sounds like a nightmare... :(
I guess I'll cross them off my list.

Sat at airport in Bsas for hours waiting for flight to depart to Montevideo....
Could have swam over faster....! :confused:

Back