Flying Aerolineas Argentina - Resident Or Not?

ex2013

Registered
I'm trying to plan some travel at the end of next month and am a bit confused about the AA online ticketing. I notice the prices are substantially different depending on which place of residence I select. Is this something they check at ticketing? I am here on a tourist visa, but can I buy the "resident" ticket without any trouble? Thanks!

It is a gamble. Sometimes, when checking in, they ask for proof of residency. Sometimes they do not. If you bought the ticket as resident and have no proof when they ask for it, you will loose your money and your ticket. How risk averse are you?

Hmm, not very. Good info, though. Thanks! I couldn't tell if it was a formal requirement or what is going on based on the fares. I think we would not risk it!

The problem is when you book online through Aerolineas you have to enter DNI details. With LAN you can enter passport details instead, check in online, print boarding pass, and never go any where near the check in.

If you go with LAN can go through with confidence, you won't have any problems.

http://www.gringoinbuenosaires.com/hacking-argentine-air-travel/b

I'm trying to plan some travel at the end of next month and am a bit confused about the AA online ticketing. I notice the prices are substantially different depending on which place of residence I select. Is this something they check at ticketing? I am here on a tourist visa, but can I buy the "resident" ticket without any trouble? Thanks!

AA is the airline code for American Airlines. AR is the airline code for Aerolineas Argentinas.

AA is the airline code for American Airlines. AR is the airline code for Aerolineas Argentinas.

Pretty substantial difference between the two.
-One is getting sued by its government to prevent a merger and would have to file for bankruptcy if the merger is denied.
-One is not only bankrupt already, but it's country dumps over Hal a billion dollars a year into it to keep it "running"-ish.

Pretty substantial difference between the two.
-One is getting sued by its government to prevent a merger and would have to file for bankruptcy if the merger is denied.
-One is not only bankrupt already, but it's country dumps over Hal a billion dollars a year into it to keep it "running"-ish.

Aerolineas was ranked the second worst airline in all of Latin America by JDPowers Associates.

Before Menim sold them for a song and the Spanish gutted all of hard assets and cash , AR was a pretty descent airlines. And moderately profitable too. Pitty it will never recover.

Back