Food allergies

Uncle Dermot

Registered
Since moving to BA I have experienced very bad allergic reactions to raw ham on a couple of occasions. I lived in different countries in Europe, travelled quite extensively around the world and I never experienced any allergies to food. It seems like they are using some preservatives or chemicals my body is definitely not used to. Has anybody gone thru the same experience? I am not talking about industrially processed products, but fresh products bought in small fresh food shops!

I am a vegetarian, so not ham in my case, but also have very bad allergic reactions, however the doctors have not been able to pin it down to what. I am still taking allergy tests. I am in my 40s and never had allergies before coming here, only recently too, I have been here for three years.

garygrunson said:
I am a vegetarian, so not ham in my case, but also have very bad allergic reactions, however the doctors have not been able to pin it down to what. I am still taking allergy tests. I am in my 40s and never had allergies before coming here, only recently too, I have been here for three years.

Also got an allergic reaction while eating strawberries: again, never had something like that before!

I've had allergic reaction to what must be pesticides on red peppers and lettuce. Severe symptoms of vomiting and/or diarrhea. I seem to get this 5 or 6 times a year and it always happens early the following morning.

Back