Food From Home

DRSG

Registered
We were prepared for the lack of North American food when we moved here - it's all part of the adventure, right? We did bring some Cheerios and maple syrup with us, but got worried when stocks got low. We were just in La Paz on vacation and stopped in at a small local grocery store; lo and behold, shelves full of Cheerios, Newman's own dressing, Aunt Jemima Syrup, Ocean Spray cranberry juice - I could go on and on.

Now a question - has anyone found these items in Uruguay? I didn't visit a local grocery store when I was there last, but I would seriously consider a visit to Colonia or Punta del Este to stock up on a few items such as these, and it would be way closer than La Paz!

We were prepared for the lack of North American food when we moved here - it's all part of the adventure, right? We did bring some Cheerios and maple syrup with us, but got worried when stocks got low. We were just in La Paz on vacation and stopped in at a small local grocery store; lo and behold, shelves full of Cheerios, Newman's own dressing, Aunt Jemima Syrup, Ocean Spray cranberry juice - I could go on and on.

Now a question - has anyone found these items in Uruguay? I didn't visit a local grocery store when I was there last, but I would seriously consider a visit to Colonia or Punta del Este to stock up on a few items such as these, and it would be way closer than La Paz!
None of that in Uru, at least Colonia. Only peanut buttercups on Buquebus free shop

I just purchased a decommissioned diesel submarine from the Argentine Navy. With the help of fellow Expats are retrofitting it. Will be making runs to Miami soon. Dollars going there. Maple syrup, Dr. Pepper, and Twizzlers coming back. Taking orders now...

All that stuff is in Uruguay in the large supermarkets of Montevideo and punta. I know for sure you can get that stuff at the tienda inglesa in the World Trade Center complex there

I just purchased a decommissioned diesel submarine from the Argentine Navy. With the help of fellow Expats are retrofitting it. Will be making runs to Miami soon. Dollars going there. Maple syrup, Dr. Pepper, and Twizzlers coming back. Taking orders now...

For a brief moment there with your background I thought you might be serious... :D

Back