Coming Soon To A Dinner Table Near You! ALL the food you crave from home!

BAFinance

Registered
Hey Fellow Expats,

I'm putting together a business to cater to those foods we crave from home!

Shortly, I'll have an online shopping site online with the foods/products you crave from home! The procedure will be: 1) Order Online 2) Pay online or in person 3) Pick-up your order at your local Chinese supermarket!

The initial launch will be in Cap Fed, and we will quickly expand to cities around Argentina. The cost will be a little more than home, but not outrageous.

The intention of my post is twofold, A) To get the word out there. and B) To get suggestions about WHAT YOU CRAVE! I'm from the US and certainly know what I crave....but need some opinions in what others crave! Expats whom submit recommendations will receive 30% off their initial order and of course, have what they are dying to have!

PLEASE! Let me know what you crave! Send me an email (brief please) with the foods/products you miss from home and a 1-10 evaluation of your desire for the item.

ETA: 6 weeks for Cap Fed, 2-3 months for the remainder of Argentina.

Shoot me an email!

[email protected]

Hostess Cakes, Peanut Butter Crunch Cereal, Chips Ahoy Cookies, Reese´s Peanut Butter Cups, Velveeta Cheesy Shells, Velveeta Cheese, Ice Tea Drink ( Snapple ), Gowlden´s Hot Spicy Mustard, Log Cabin Maple Syrup, Jif Peanut Butter, Peter Pan Peanut Butter. Will post some more later :)

Is this a serious post?

Say I want a 125ml pot of Marmite, retails at £1.52 in the UK...

You contact supplier in UK negotiate a price or pay retail, pay someone to ship it, pay for shipping, import tax, on-line payment fees, your commission, the transport (to Bariloche), commission for the supermarket or wherever I pick it up (not sure the Chinese have discovered Bariloche yet)

...and it will only cost a little more than home..?

If it was that easy I'm sure it would already be here...

jez said:
Is this a serious post?

Say I want a 125ml pot of Marmite, retails at £1.52 in the UK...

You contact supplier in UK negotiate a price or pay retail, pay someone to ship it, pay for shipping, import tax, on-line payment fees, your commission, the transport (to Bariloche), commission for the supermarket or wherever I pick it up (not sure the Chinese have discovered Bariloche yet)

...and it will only cost a little more than home..?

If it was that easy I'm sure it would already be here...

If he takes individualized orders like that, he has to pay retail because you can't buy in bulk. He must have a way to get them in the country without paying outrageous tariffs, and he'll have to have enough volume to offset the costs of tarriffs and shipping plus profit. Definitely skeptical but if it works, cool.

nikad said:
Hostess Cakes, Peanut Butter Crunch Cereal, Chips Ahoy Cookies, Reese´s Peanut Butter Cups, Velveeta Cheesy Shells, Velveeta Cheese, Ice Tea Drink ( Snapple ), Gowlden´s Hot Spicy Mustard, Log Cabin Maple Syrup, Jif Peanut Butter, Peter Pan Peanut Butter. Will post some more later :)

Your forgot to mention quadruple bypass.

Packet soups from UK (Ainsley Harriott), marmite, flavoured and plain rice cakes, coconut oil, real cocoa powder, jalapeno chips, tortilla chips, hot chocolate sachets, ovaltine, horlicks, club biscuits, betty crocker cakemix, pillsbury cinnamon buns, ribena, Patak's lime pickle and aubergine pickle....

If this is possible, I absolutely cannot wait. I would jump for joy to be able to find:
-Brown Sugar
-Buttermilk
-Marshmallows
-Canned Pumpkin
-Dr. Pepper
-Chocolate Chips
-Sour Cream
-Pecans
-Grits
-Neosporin (not food but haven't found it yet...)
-Oh and second the boxes of cake mix... Especially the devil's food kind with pudding in the mix. I have an amazing recipe I use with that as the base
-But also cookie mix would be nice. It's difficult to find all the ingredients to make real, gooey chocolate chip cookies here.

I'll let you know if I think of anything else!

Oh and I'm not sure if dairy products would be possible... But some real Greek yogurt would be amazing. At home I live on Oikos organic greek yogurt with honey. And I know that there is unsweetened plain yogurt here, but it does not have 120 calories, 0 grams of fat, and 14 grams of protein like my beloved Oikos....

Back