Food product search

El_Jameso said:
While we're on it, who knows where to get real[B/] orange juice here? Not from concentrate? Thanks guys.

From oranges? That's where I get mine.

mini said:

Mini and everyone else, thankyou!!! I shall see if I can get it in the Barrio Chino, does it have evaporated milk written on the tin as chinese is a non starter for me!

Mini, failing this, I may have to beg for a tin!

k

yep - the ones I got said "leche evaporada" in big white letters on a dark blue label. The workers there are very helpful if you just ask.

good luck!

El_Jameso said:
While we're on it, who knows where to get real[B/] orange juice here? Not from concentrate? Thanks guys.

The brand citric makes an AMAZING orange juice, made completely from oranges, no concentrate. It's sold at all grocery stores I have seen and in kiosks.

scotttswan said:
On another note has anyone got any ideas what happened to the packets of faina? they seem to have vanished from all supermarkets.
i havent seen any pizzerias selling faina slices either! wtf!

Kirst said:
Does anyone know if it's possible to buy tinned evaporated milk here? I know they sell condensed milk but I need the evaporated kind for a cheesecake.

Also, do they sell shortcrust pastry here, I can only find savoury pastry in premade packs.

If you can't find it just use regular milk, there are tons of recipe's out there that just have milk as the ingredient, I made one a couple weeks ago and it turned out just fine!!

BROOKLYN said:
i havent seen any pizzerias selling faina slices either! wtf!

A few around congreso sell them but its as if the packets of faina powder just vanished....

It happened to tins of swift corned beef a few months ago too. They vanish for ages (price still on the shelf etc but other stuff in its place) then when you give up they appear again all of a sudden.

mini said:

Lol, if you cannot take 3 mins to make OJ fresh everyday in BsAs you cant make it anywhere. This is OJ heaven...even if I once in PDE I watched an old lady add 4 heaped tspoons of sugar to her OJ at breakfast..maybe she wanted it to taste like carton juices,all sugar and no taste.:eek:

scotttswan said:
A few around congreso sell them but its as if the packets of faina powder just vanished....

It happened to tins of swift corned beef a few months ago too. They vanish for ages (price still on the shelf etc but other stuff in its place) then when you give up they appear again all of a sudden.

So true - happened with Dill pickes in Jumbo last month...Im kinda getting into the Mormon store cupboard style of buying where I buy a year`s worth at a time for fear of never having it again...

The shops in my area have started stocking faina again, think the shortage is over...

Back