Food product search

The pickles have vanished from all the grocery stores by me in Cap Fed as well - haven't had any in months. Out here in Moreno, I can find them though. Weird.

No black olives in rodajas anymore, hard to even get the green sliced....

The delays in getting things on the shelves are often to be blamed by the new Aduana laws that I complained about a couple of weeks ago -- expect more and more delays between shipments on many goods -- in the past week I've already been told by 3 different merchants in 3 different types of stores that their stock is sold out and everything has been held up by the aduana so they weren't expecting their stock to be filled again until end of April, end of May, or whenever the Aduana decided it felt like letting their stock out of customs....

But some of these things like faina and olives are local, there must be another reason...

There was even a shortage of potato chips in some of the stores around here. Weird. It's possible it's a problem with transportation and not really a shortage of goods.

Just a hint, if you buy one of those huge jars of pickles which as of yesterday they had plenty in stock in the Disco supermarket on Callao between Mitre & Rivadavia, 1/2 a block from the Congreso building, once you eat the pickles, save the brine water, buy some fresh small cucumbers, and let them soak for a few weeks in the brine water (in the jar, lid closed, in the fridge) and you once again will have a fresh batch of pickles. I've been doing this for about a year, I have 6 jars and always have a supply of pickles now, for a fraction of the price!

Back