For those who think a Schwab card is tops.......

How does this compare to Revolut account/card?

Unlike Revolut, neither SoFi not Schwab are contactless (mine aren't, perhaps newer cards may be, someone else may chime in).

Revolut has a limit to # free extractions, but allows multiple currencies (Transferwise MC offers even more currencies). In addition to the multiple currencies which I use frequently, what I personally like about Revolut is that it has contactless feature and is a MC. One practical example where I really enjoy using my Revolut is on public transport in Europe and Asia by scanning the card itself instead of getting an actual ticket from the machine/window (or in place of an app, which may take space of my phone unnecessarily or I may not want to carry a phone, etc).

Comparing the two cards......the only reason to have the Schwab card is that someone already has one! Period. Otherwise there is no comparison. Schwab really doesn't want you if you are outside the States. The Schwab application process is MUCH more complicated....to what benefit? And, like Schwab, it is a Visa card, NOT a Mastercard, which can sometimes be an important distinction(buying tickets on some regional airlines)

I saw this review comparing the two and the review sums it up very nicely, in line with what you have outlined as well.

Unlike Revolut, neither SoFi not Schwab are contactless (mine aren't, perhaps newer cards may be, someone else may chime in).
Revolut has a limit to # free extractions, but allows multiple currencies (Transferwise MC offers even more currencies). In addition to the multiple currencies which I use frequently, what I personally like about Revolut is that it has contactless feature and is a MC. One practical example where I really enjoy using my Revolut is on public transport in Europe and Asia by scanning the card itself instead of getting an actual ticket from the machine/window (or in place of an app, which may take space of my phone unnecessarily or I may not want to carry a phone, etc).

....Currently, Revolut supports opening account for residents in the European Economic Area (EEA), Australia and Switzerland. The EEA includes the United Kingdom.....

....Currently, Revolut supports opening account for residents in the European Economic Area (EEA), Australia and Switzerland. The EEA includes the United Kingdom.....

Yes, you must hold a citizenship of (or a residence permit in) one of the above mentioned countries, but it does not mean that you have to physically be there when you apply (you could be an Argentine with Italian passport applying for Revolut as an Italian while on vacation in Thailand, or simply while 'on vacation' in Argentina). You go through a live online verification. To apply you will put down an address in one of the countries listed (nobody will check if you really reside there). Once approved for an account Revolut will not send the card automatically but rather you must log on to your app to request it and you may request the card to be sent to the address outside these countries. Once you receive it you activate it in your app.

From the article you posted regarding Revolut:
Charges a markup from 0.5% to 1.5% on exchange rates on weekends

Yes, I found about about this just recently after it happened to me in Hungary (where they do not use EUR). Very good point.

Currently, Revolut supports opening account for residents in the European Economic Area (EEA), Australia and Switzerland. The EEA includes the United Kingdom.....

They opened to US persons since couple of months ago

Back