Foreign credit cards purchases at MEP rate

It might be important to note that there has only been one report of AMEX allowing the discounted rate. I have seen zero news that AMEX is on board with VISA and Mastercard.

So today I checked the Amex card and I did indeed got a refund.
It is labeled as New Merchant, about 43% of the original charge back ($107.11).
Took 9 days to process though.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-24 at 10.53.01 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-24 at 10.53.01 AM.png
    177.6 KB · Views: 29
So today I checked the Amex card and I did indeed got a refund.
It is labeled as New Merchant, about 43% of the original charge back ($107.11).
Took 9 days to process though.
Good to know. Thanks!

Just speculating here, but I have heard that there is a way for locals to buy (i believe unlimited) $USD legally at the MEP rate, so maybe demand for that has pushed it up?
In theory as long as the money you have is justifiable as to it's source you can buy as many MEP dollars as you want. People are seeing 103% inflation and are voting with their feet to hedge against inflation so this is why you see the uptick.

As to what the value of the MEP will be, my guess is it won't go down despite Massa's despicable mortgaging of the Anses stability fund, it will just slow what would have likely been a further increase in the value of the MEP.

It's incredible to me that Ks can look at the destruction of the stability fund and be fine with it because said money is going to be used to just slow down the increase in the value of the MEP dollar. Literally reverse Robbin Hood shit that Macri did, but it's okay because it's them doing it now. ✌️

Back