Foreign credit cards purchases at MEP rate

Not apple pay as that already works in places that accept it. I have been using it for months. The problem is most shops dont know that they can accept it.
To me it sounds like Apple Pay and any other digital payments will soon get the ~MEP rate. Seems that if the store already accepts Brazil Wix payments, which is said to be common, then it will accept the other digital payments.

To me it sounds like Apple Pay and any other digital payments will soon get the ~MEP rate. Seems that if the store already accepts Brazil Wix payments, which is said to be common, then it will accept the other digital payments.

it says paypal and amazon pay which is mainly qr codes but i'm pretty sure they only work with their specific qr codes and don't work with any others, could be wrong though

Like I said you already get mep with apple pay which doesn’t require a QR code.

It might be important to note that there has only been one report of AMEX allowing the discounted rate. I have seen zero news that AMEX is on board with VISA and Mastercard.
Just to confirm that I have had an MEP refund to my Amex card. It did seem to take ages though - about 2 weeks !

Has anyone used a foreign CC outside of Argentina, perhaps with a VPN, to purchase something in Argentina and got the MEP rate?

Has anyone used a foreign CC outside of Argentina, perhaps with a VPN, to purchase something in Argentina and got the MEP rate?
edit- misread your post, but yes you can purchase things abroad (without VPN, depending on the site) and it will work... as long as it's processed in argentine pesos and in argentina

edit- misread your post, but yes you can purchase things abroad (without VPN, depending on the site) and it will work... as long as it's processed in argentine pesos and in argentina
Ok, thanks, it would be an online purchase from an Argentinian website, in Pesos, physically done outside Argentina.

The purchase would go through, as usual the initial charge will be at the official rate, but obviously it would be important to get the rebate to bring the rate close to the MEP rate a few days later.

Ok, thanks, it would be an online purchase from an Argentinian website, in Pesos, physically done outside Argentina.

The purchase would go through, as usual the initial charge will be at the official rate, but obviously it would be important to get the rebate to bring the rate close to the MEP rate a few days later.
Yes, I buy flights from jetsmart/aerolineas in the US and get the mep rates, just have to set it to ARS currency.

Back