Foreigners (Tourists & Non-Res) Cannot Use Ars For Travel

I suppose non residents will not paying 35% surcharge on top of their dollars right?

The 35% surcharge is for Argentine credit cards used for international purchases. This story has nothing to do with the surcharge since it relates to the local tourism market.

when the flight originatessells in ARG you have to pay the 35% extra, it's in the fare rules

Well perhaps the Chino will ask for DNI and landlords, as well as restaurants

Many countries have had 2 menus one for locals and one in dollars for tourists.... ie Cuba

I booked a hotel in Bariloche for February (Hosteria las Marianas as I mentioned in another thread). They indicated that the rate was $140USD converted at the official rate at the time of the stay. I already paid 50% via bank transfer of what was the official rate a month or two ago. What the hell is going to happen when I go down there? This just cannot be real.

And what about if I get a bus ticket to Cordoba and stay in a hostel? And let's say hypothetically that I don't have any physical dollars or credit cards here, only a giant stash of ARG pesos... will they not sell me tickets or a dorm bed?

Honestly all the scenarios about "what if all I have is pesos" don't figure into the government's policies. If you're a real tourist, you have access to foreign currency, without exception. If you don't, well plan better next time.

All of these problems "what if all I have is pesos?" sounds like a permatourist problem and if you think the government is worried about how to make permatourists happy, then you've got another thing coming.

Visa runs to Colonia on Buquebus just got a lot more expensive too.

Particularly for non residents....! The Paraguayans that want to return home must buy the dollars at the Blue rate...!!

Back