Foreigners (Tourists & Non-Res) Cannot Use Ars For Travel

Buy a one way ticket on the BQB Argentina site and buy the return on the BQB Uruguay site.............

any savings.???. jejeeje, you pay here in Dollars and there in Dollars or Pesos Uruguayos , almost the same??? give some figures please...!

Particularly for non residents....! The Paraguayans that want to return home must buy the dollars at the Blue rate...!!

Something tells me that some enterprising people are going to start "Charter" bus companies that may even look like school buses, but will take "your group" to the Paraguayan boarder for a fee paid in pesos.

To pass along info about buying plane tics -
It looks like my Argie novio successfully bought me a domestic plane ticket (on Aerolineas), for the foreigner price (AR$ 1000 more than those with DNI), and paid in pesos on his credit card.
Hopefully nothing changes between now and check-in!

To pass along info about buying plane tics -
It looks like my Argie novio successfully bought me a domestic plane ticket (on Aerolineas), for the foreigner price (AR$ 1000 more than those with DNI), and paid in pesos on his credit card.
Hopefully nothing changes between now and check-in!

What about the 35% tax ADVANCE was included? Well seems logical if purchased by a resident for a non resident?

Really I dont see what tall the fuss is about. If you live here / earn in Pesos, you should have residency. Paraguyans, Brazilians, etc. that live here can get residency easily as Mercosur residents, they just need to process it. If you are from another country, there are different ways to get residency. If you dont qualify for any of these, but you still want to move to Argentina, work in an informal job, and get paid in Pesos - that is your decision and you will have to budget accordingly. Why should the government let you take advantage of their established exchange rate.

At least in Argentina it is easy to get residency, and even if you do not have residency, you are not going to be treated like a criminal for living here. I agree that this is confounding as a long term public policy, but the government needs to stop the dollar "bleed" and this is a way, at least in small part, to do so.

Back