Forget The Spaghetti, I’Ll Have The Noodles, Instant Ramens

I hear Yunnan is the exception to that rule! The land of the eternal spring... or so they say

By Sashimi I did not mean the Japanese version but something I saw in Chinese and Korean documentaries: Fish being fried while alive and eaten while it's still dying and moving. I've also not only watched remotely but had confirmation that Koreans eat live squid.
I was going to let the beautiful Islands off the hook until I remembered Ikizukuri. :)

In some regions of France it's traditional to give a goose some cognac as well as unhealthy food scraps to make it develop hepatitis in order to make Pate de Foie Gras. And that was back in the 19th century, I have no idea what they're doing now but I imagine it's worse not better. The result is delicious though.

I guess China has an ambivalent relation with food: I understand they consider it "heaven on Earth" (so do the French: "Bonne Cuisine et Bon Vin, c'est le Paradis sur Terre" - The Good King Henri IV ), but at the same time they have such a gigantic population to feed with so little arable land that it's not surprising they can't get enough fresh milk or even greens. Now that I think about it the ratio of population/arable land is not that much better in Japan, maybe it's worse. But Japan has the World's greatest Fishing fleet.

China and Japan seem to me like a perfect example of the struggle between Quantity and Quality.

Yeah, we starting to liking less and less the PRC insurgent after Japan purchased the tiny rocks called the Senkaku from a private owner whom was selling those pieces of rocks to the metropolis of Tokyo so forced to make Japan's soverign territory..Then the shit hit the fan.!

anti-japan.jpg
japan.jpg

4936682_980x1200_0.jpg

That last banner, the one I could read, is not very subtle, but I've heard that same sentiment expressed by Thais and many other individuals who visited or lived in Asia.

Reminds me of this quote from a recently linked article:

But Zhu did not trace all of China’s troubles to foreign invaders. “We cast aside our three core ideas—Buddhism, Taoism, and Confucianism—and that was a mistake. We were taught Marxist revolutionary ideas from 1949 to 1978.” He paused and watched his wife and daughter snapping photographs at the railing, an orange sun sinking into the city beyond them. “We spent thirty years on what we now know was a disaster,” he said.

PRC is now finally in control of their country's destiny and flexing its econo-military muscle towards the west and its G7 head honchos.
1.3 Billions of people ! And their propaganda saz least 50% in the "middle class" territory.

PRC is now clamoring that the rest of the world needs all those middle class Chinos to help buy the western goods for the G7 countries to suvive..BG has gotten a loan from them, The Frenchs too, in fact almost every nation on this facet of earth owes money to the Chinos!

One of my older Chinese national acquaintance was tellin' me the other day, The west has been stomping on Chinese for century long, it is now the time for them to pay back!

Back