Former president Alberto Fernandez accused of domestic violence... and corruption

antipodean

Registered
  • Former first lady, Fabiola Yañez has personally laid criminal charges against former president Alberto Fernandez for crimes of physical domestic violence
  • The former president is now unable to leave Argentina and also has a restraining order to prevent him contacting her due to alleged harassment
  • The alleged crimes came to light as part of an ongoing corruption investigation into Alberto Fernandez' dealings with an insurance broker

Meanwhile the investigation into a corruption charge, a massive state insurance contract graft and fraud, has uncovered evidence of the former president's direct involvement in the case, along with many other who served in his government, and also his direct involvement in the VIP vaccination scandal during the pandemic.
  • During the presidency of Alberto Fernandez he issued a presidential decree obliging all parts of the state to contract insurance exclusively through one company, without even going through a public tender process
  • Each contract paid commissions worth 3 times more than the market average to insurance brokers, including the husband of his ex-secretary (e.g. 17% on more than $20.000.000.000 worth of insurance contracts paid with public money)
  • The former president initially denied ever having contact with the insurance broker in question
  • Chats recovered from the phone of his ex-sectretary later proved not only had he contacted the insurance broker in question directly to personally take care of insurance contracts for the foreign ministry, but he also invited him to Olivos to meet personally
  • Chats also revealed that the former president personally arranged a "vaccination VIP" during the pandemic for this insurance broker

Other ex government members named in the chats include ex presidential candidate Sergio Massa, ex minister of security Anibal Fernandez, ex chancellor Santiago Cafiero, ex minister of defence Agustin Rossi amongst others.

What I don't understand is, what are the provinces and the national government doing insuring things through private insurance companies anyway? In the UK the government is quite open about "self insurance" where asset values are used as guarantees, claims are paid out of contingency funds and huge savings are made through not having to pay premiums or commissions. I know at least one city-size local authority that does the same. So my question is not about one insurance organisation being favoured over the others but why was/is money being spent through private insurance companies at all?

Deny. Deny. Deny.
Then someone discovers the chats and photos and it becomes a case of denying the denial.
Just like the vacunatorio VIP. Just like the insurance scandal.

Not like this guy does not have a violent character that has been caught on camera before...

https://buenosairesherald.com/polit...erto-fernandez-reported-for-domestic-violence

I have been saying since the party in Olivos and him saying it was all Fabiola's fault that he's a misogynist, the gall to blame your spouse when you're President always was a red flag to me. That being said, it looks like it's actually was must worse: he appears to be wife beater, and there are WhatsApp photos and videos and messages proving it.

I will never understand people who beat their spouses, and this just further confirms that Peronists are a bunch of hypocrites given that the Mayor of La Matanza is charged with abusing one of his employees too, and Juan Manzur tried to force an 11 year old familiar rape victim to give birth as governor that they don't actually practice what they preach (not that I think JxC or LLA care about women's rights).

Curious to see how he plans on denying these photos and this chat…

And if the whole scandal around Alberto Fernandez couldn’t get any more scandalous... a bizarre video taken by the ex-president of a rather intoxicated female friend in the presidential office…

All the K supporters on this forum were horrified that Milei cloned his dog and was friends with his sister.

Alberto was a racist he beat and cheated on his wife and they said nothing.

LOL

All the K supporters on this forum were horrified that Milei cloned his dog and was friends with his sister.

Alberto was a racist he beat and cheated on his wife and they said nothing.

LOL
If he cheated his wife, this is his business. This is not a teocratic country.
I do not think AF is racist. I sent him a carta documento because one of my Chinese clients had retention order for deportation but he has a just born AR baby and needed immediately transfer from Patagonia to Buenos Aires by ambulance for a liber transplant, and his private Secretary called me immediately and precaria was given in a matter of hours.
He also abolished DNU 70/2017 that was super racist.
Regarding the domestic violence denunciation, the pictures looks fake, but it does not matter, the gender law is alike the fugitive slave act of NY of 1850, with the word of the master was enough.

Back