Former president Alberto Fernandez accused of domestic violence... and corruption

Fabiola Yañez claims in an interview last night that she went to the Ministry of Women, Gender and Diversity (a government ministry created by Alberto Fernandez in 2019) to seek help at the time, yet she was essentially met with silence and turned away.

Fabiola Yañez claims in an interview last night that she went to the Ministry of Women, Gender and Diversity (a government ministry created by Alberto Fernandez in 2019) to seek help at the time, yet she was essentially met with silence and turned away.
This was an office that developed policies, not the special prosecutor for women that is where she should have gone.

This was an office that developed policies, not the special prosecutor for women that is where she should have gone.
Question: couples that are not legally married but with a child when they legally separate/divorce the concubine has the same rights as in a married couple that divorces ?

"Atendimos 357.692 comunicaciones por violencias de género en la Línea 144." - Although I do agree, in principle, that such a ministry doesn't make sense to serve as an intermediary for justice, but it if it was promoting itself as such and receiving public funding for such activities then it had a clear obligation to fulfil rather than using the state apparatus to try and cover up crimes committed by its "own" people and providing only selective support to victims.

What a lame excuse. And it is wrong. They said themselves that: "Atendimos 357.692 comunicaciones por violencias de género en la Línea 144". Source: https://www.argentina.gob.ar/genero...-generos-y-diversidad-de-la-nacion-en-numeros

PS: And even if they didn't: If someone told the secretary/minister of the department for women and gender equality personally that she was abused than this person would have to take action. No way around it.

What a lame excuse. And it is wrong. They said themselves that: "Atendimos 357.692 comunicaciones por violencias de género en la Línea 144". Source: https://www.argentina.gob.ar/genero...-generos-y-diversidad-de-la-nacion-en-numeros

PS: And even if they didn't: If someone told the secretary/minister of the department for women and gender equality personally that she was abused than this person would have to take action. No way around it.
You are clueless about how a Republican Democratic country. When you can 144 they send police and they work with prosecutor: the justice. If you abuse of your influeced by passing the system, this traffic of influences, that is a crime, plays against you because they are subordinates of the President.
Not a very smart move.

"Atendimos 357.692 comunicaciones por violencias de género en la Línea 144." - Although I do agree, in principle, that such a ministry doesn't make sense to serve as an intermediary for justice, but it if it was promoting itself as such and receiving public funding for such activities then it had a clear obligation to fulfil rather than using the state apparatus to try and cover up crimes committed by its "own" people and providing only selective support to victims.
There is nothing they can do because they are not the Justice. They develop public policies. In my opinion, they were useless and unconstitutional.

You are clueless about how a Republican Democratic country. When you can 144 they send police and they work with prosecutor: the justice. If you abuse of your influeced by passing the system, this traffic of influences, that is a crime, plays against you because they are subordinates of the President.
Not a very smart move.
Actually, I think I have a good understanding of the democratic system. The minister is part of the executive branch, as is the police. If you think that the minister of the Department for Women and Gender Equality would commit a crime if she were to take action upon being informed about a femicide, you are wrong. She could take action as a citizen. It's unfortunate and surprising that a lawyer seems not to understand the separation of powers and the three branches of government. It’s also disheartening that some people look for excuses to cowardly avoid helping women in need.

Fabiola also claims Alberto Fernández forced her to get an abortion when she was pregnant with their first child at the beginning of their relationship.

This image of this guy just keeps going from bad to worse as did his term in office.

Actually, I think I have a good understanding of the democratic system. The minister is part of the executive branch, as is the police. If you think that the minister of the Department for Women and Gender Equality would commit a crime if she were to take action upon being informed about a femicide, you are wrong. She could take action as a citizen. It's unfortunate and surprising that a lawyer seems not to understand the separation of powers and the three branches of government. It’s also disheartening that some people look for excuses to cowardly avoid helping women in need.
I said republican institutions: separation of powers. Now you confuse democratic with theocratic institutions where private life is a public matter.
You are changing the facts here, you invented a femicide. Nobody died. A murder is a crime of public action where everybody has the duty to denounce and all the public officers to prosecute.
However, family matters like domestic violence are a private business in secular societies where judges have no poder unless the victim submits a formal denunciation (arts. 19 and 20 NC). This is what difference Medieval Ages from modernity. But there is a clear regression in society.

Back