Former president Alberto Fernandez accused of domestic violence... and corruption

Bajo_cero2's English may be sometimes wanting, but he's not posting in his native language, and I read his posts attentively. Let's not beat up on him please.
I don't think that's an excuse. English is not may native language either. But point taken.

Bajo_cero2 tends to be right on most legal matters, as you might expect from a lawyer
That’s what shocks me the most—that a professional would post here suggesting that it’s okay to beat up your wife because it’s “private business.” I believe I’ve answered in detail, citing the relevant laws and international treaties that clearly demonstrate why that’s not the case.

I don't think that's an excuse. English is not may native language either. But point taken.

That’s what shocks me the most—that a professional would post here suggesting that it’s okay to beat up your wife because it’s “private business.” I believe I’ve answered in detail, citing the relevant laws and international treaties that clearly demonstrate why that’s not the case.
I take your points too, it's outrageous that anyone who knew of any abuse of the former first lady wouldn't do anything about it.

That being said, a lot of this is probably going to devolve into a she-said-he-said-she-said mess. Apart from the "wrong address" argument about the Ministry for Women (and the minister responsible is energetically disputing the allegations against her).

If any such thing happens to you, as a man, or as a woman, go to hospital immediately, get photos taken immediately and get a medical diagnosis. Apart from any other problems, leaving time go by allows any perpetrator to invent alibis and manipulate evidence.

The Dunning & Kruger effect might be something serious.
In this country nobody can do anything unless she makes the formal complaint because it is a private mattter that happened in private (art. 19 NC).
Only in Emirates the judges can get involved in your private life without permission of the victim.

I admit that I made a mistake by using the word "femicide" here. The correct term I should have used is "violence against women". Sorry about that.

But the rest of your post is hilarious. "Theocratic," "Medieval Ages"? LMAO! What do you smoke in the morning?

The executive branch I mentioned in my post is one of the three branches of a democracy. But the best part is your view that domestic violence is "private business"! That’s priceless. This says a lot about you!

And the most shocking thing is that you claim to be a lawyer. Yet here I am, a regular citizen, having to explain it to you.

Ley 26.485 - LEY DE PROTECCIÓN INTEGRAL A LAS MUJERES

Link: https://servicios.infoleg.gob.ar/infolegInternet/anexos/150000-154999/152155/norma.htm

ARTICULO 18. — Denuncia. Las personasque se desempeñen en servicios asistenciales, sociales, educativos y desalud, en el ámbito público o privado, que con motivo o en ocasión desus tareas tomaren conocimiento de un hecho de violencia contra lasmujeres en los términos de la presente ley, estarán obligados aformular las denuncias, según corresponda, aun en aquellos casos en queel hecho no configure delito.

It clearly states here in Article 18 that these individuals must report any such act, meaning that authorities can be informed about a situation even if the victim does not file a formal complaint.

And now, regarding your ridiculous claim that a judge has no power unless the victim reports the crime. See Article 22:

ARTICULO 22. — Competencia. Entenderáen la causa el/la juez/a que resulte competente en razón de la materiasegún los tipos y modalidades de violencia de que se trate.
Aún en caso de incompetencia, el/la juez/a interviniente podrá disponer las medidas preventivas que estime pertinente.

This clearly implies that judges can act in cases of domestic violence to protect the victim, even if the victim does not press charges.

If you had been watching the news lately on channels other than C5N or reading newspapers other than Pagina 12, you would have heard/read experts discussing this topic and explicitly stating that judges can act without the victim reporting the crime in this case.

Let me know if you need more info... I’d be happy to Google it for you.

Maybe you would be happier in another country.

Back