Free Concerts In Buenos Aires

Will you attend future concerts at CCK under these conditions?
No. I'll wait to see if they revise the ticket procedures to the way they worked well for years. If not, I'll be listening to the audio broadcasts. They are many venues with free concerts where reservations are not required and seating is always available.

The new system is in the trial stage. The first concert of the Orquesta Filharmonic at Parque Centenario was extremely disorganized. They keep attendees standing for hours instead of opening the gates an hour before the concert to avoid a rush at the door. That actually happened for those who didn't have a ticket. I didn't bother to look for a seat and stood in the back where I had a view of the orchestra.

I am on mailing lists and spend time checking websites and Facebook for concert information. I've been posting to this thread for ten years, so you will find many links here for free concerts.
As I understand it, CCK and Teatro Cervantes belong to the nation while other venues in CABA belong to the city. Maybe everybody is reorganising everything everywhere but I'd be interested to learn how the changes at CCK could be influencing what happens elsewhere. Parque Centenario belongs to and is promoted by the city.

FWIW We went to see Innovacirco at Parque Centenario in January. There were no tickets issued at any poinr because entry was on a first come first served basis after queuing at the gate to the anfiteatro. We got there early and the entrance opened late but before we shuffled forwards into the venue we could see that the queue extended out to the street and continued around the corner but we couldn't see if any people were turned away..

As I understand it, CCK and Teatro Cervantes belong to the nation while other venues in CABA belong to the city. Maybe everybody is reorganising everything everywhere but I'd be interested to learn how the changes at CCK could be influencing what happens elsewhere. Parque Centenario belongs to and is promoted by the city.

FWIW We went to see Innovacirco at Parque Centenario in January. There were no tickets issued at any poinr because entry was on a first come first served basis after queuing at the gate to the anfiteatro. We got there early and the entrance opened late but before we shuffled forwards into the venue we could see that the queue extended out to the street and continued around the corner but we couldn't see if any people were turned away..
The Teatro Colon is municipal. What is not clear to me is where the funding comes from -- is it a mix of municipal and federal?

This article is twenty years old but lays out how things were then. Perhaps you can retrieve something a little more recent?

The article speaks of city support but it's still not clear if all the funding comes from the city or if some comes from the federal government

l heard good news tonight after the first concert in the series Novena Musical by the Orquesta de Camara. The concertmaster's mother sat next to me in the first row and mentioned that the concerts in Congress have been scheduled once again on the last Monday of the month, not on Friday as they have been for the last four years. Hurray! Fridays are a busy night for concerts, so the Orquesta de Camara will be the only classical music series once again on Monday without any competition. The first concert will be on March 25 at 7:30pm in the Salon de Pasos Perdidas. I will post the concert information.

l heard good news tonight after the first concert in the series Novena Musical by the Orquesta de Camara. The concertmaster's mother sat next to me in the first row and mentioned that the concerts in Congress have been scheduled once again on the last Monday of the month, not on Friday as they have been for the last four years. Hurray! Fridays are a busy night for concerts, so the Orquesta de Camara will be the only classical music series once again on Monday without any competition. The first concert will be on March 25 at 7:30pm in the Salon de Pasos Perdidas. I will post the concert information.
Thank you jan for always providing information about these concerts and thank you for this wonderful thread

At the opening of the 2024 season, the Chamber Orchestra of the National Congress will offer the Espíritu Franco concert, with free admission, on Monday, March 25 at 7:30 p.m. in the Salón de Pasos Perdidos of the Legislative Palace (Avenida Rivadavia 1864 ).

In this inaugural presentation, the concert will be conducted by Sebastiano De Filippi , conductor of the Chamber Orchestra of the National Congress. They will be added to it the soprano Laura Ramallo, Leonardo Estévez, baritone, Débora Maccarone on organ and the Buenos Aires Choral Interpretation Group, directed by Juan Picarel.

The ensemble will offer a repertoire made up of works by French composers: Gabriel Fauré, with his famous “Requiem” on the centenary of his death, Camille Saint-Saëns and Albert Roussel.

Espiritu Franco can be seen live on the YouTube channel of the Senate of the Nation ( https://www.youtube.com/senadotvargentina ) and on the Culture Facebook page of the Chamber of Deputies ( facebook.com/culturadiputados ).

YOU MUST PRESENT YOUR DNI or PASSPORT when entering the building for the concert. The printed card you receive will be collected when leaving the building. The line begins forming around 6:30. The doors open at 7:00. You can take either the stairway to the Salon de Los Perdidos or the elevator. Printed programs for the concert and the 2024 season are left on the seating.

Back