Free Fun in Buenos Aires?

There is absolutely loads to do that is free in this city. Almost every museum, hundreds of parks and gardens, then there are the ferias.
Go and wander around the Manzanas de Luces (the tour is 6$ar if you want it). Plaza Dorego on a weekend, hours of entertainment, you do not have to spend if you don't want to.
Browse the book stalls on Sante Fe, Marvel at all the monuments in el Centro. Just walk around and you will find no end, it is possible to spend zero money and have a great day, but almost impossible to resist the coffee (fraid thats not free ).
Finally how about a whole day at Materderos, Live music, horses, and more local character than you can handle. All for the cost of a Colectivo. ( PS its on my blog)
Can I refer you to this post as well Baexpats - Community of Expatriates in Buenos Aires, Argentina > Newcomers Forum Buenos Aires is made for walking

Try www.conversationexchange.com. It's a website where you can meet Spanish-speakers who want to practice English. The point is to get together at a cafe or a park or where ever and spend half the time speaking in English and half the time in Spanish. If the idea of meeting up with random strangers from the internet doesn't appeal to you there's also the option of chatting online through MSN. I met and practiced with a couple of people through the site and had a great experience everytime. Now I'm just too busy!

Dios Mio! I didn't recieve an email saying there was a response so I am sorry for not saying thanks to everyone who answered earlier...but THANKS! I guess thats the learning curve of a newcomer - I am just glad I checked back to my post. Anyhow, there is alot to research here and I will get to it and post what I find. I saw La Virtura - they have Swing dance too - yay!

Yes, that seems to be the general price. My caveman spanish has taken me only so far but there is a good link to practicing below that I am going to try out. Thanks!

berm said:
The International House offers free Spanish lessons on Fridays and another in Palermo offers free Spanish conversation on Wednesdays.

Hi Annie,

Thanks for the info. I tried searching for the Conversational Free Palermo class Wednesdays and couldn't find it. Do you maybe have a link? I will find the Cultura BA paper too- Appreciate the tip.
-Kat

Back