Free Labor

iamsillywarm

Registered
I'll be in BsAs for two months beginning in July to write. As I write mostly in the middle of the night I'd like to spend my days volunteering part time somewhere. I saw that the volunteer section of this forum was pretty sparse though I've sent requests to some of the posted agencies. I've also sent a request to the U.S. embassy. I only speak English. If you know of any other places that might need a monolingual, hard working volunteer please let me know.

Thanks!

I don't know anything about volunteering other than they charge you to volunteer. So if you want to work for free, it's gonna cost you. Budget for that.

You can find volunteer work you do not have to pay for. These agencies are middlemen who arrange for you to have direct access to charities and supposedly help you with Spanish and they charge for the negotiation and the convenience for you to be already set up when you arrive.
Google volunteering in Buenos Aires for free and you will find people who have done it and how they went about it.Good luck!

There are several entities that could help you: Agentina Volunteer, Argentine British Community Council, Connecting Worlds, Conviven, Help Argentina, Send a Child to School, Subir al Sur, Voluntario Global, Voluntarios sin Fronteras.

Back