Fresh Berries - Where To Find Them - Now, Tomorrow, Usual

there are so many berries being sold on the streets of Bariloche and growing wild all over Patagonia; I wonder why they don't ship them up here for porteños to enjoy?

perhaps we all need to band together to send a direct hit ...... our voices need to be heard too. What do you all think?

I believe that the blueberry season ended not too long ago. They were sold in every supermarket, produce store and many street corner vendors. I buy a years' supply and freeeze them, unwashed, in glass bottles. I've been doing this for several years. Blueberries are one of the best sources of antioxidants. I have blueberies with yogurt and chia everyday.

there are so many berries being sold on the streets of Bariloche and growing wild all over Patagonia; I wonder why they don't ship them up here for porteños to enjoy?

I can easily find Chilean blueberries in my market here in Berkeley but, admittedly, they are not nac y pop.

I discovered a source for blackberries today in my neighborhood, for the first time in all the years I've lived here. They are larger than cherries and delicious.

The market at Entre Rios 463 has 4.4 oz containers of blackberries for 15 pesos. Blueberries are 10 pesos.

Jumbo had frozen blueberries packets all year around. They seem of very superior quality as compared to the ones sold in small Plastic boxes

Lately I have seen all kind of berries in Jumbo.

These include Frambuesas ( Rasp berries) and Casis ( Black currants) . But they are sold in Bottles with preservative liquid which I did not like.

Back