Fresh Milk And What They Put In It.

I've got 2 bags of Leche La Serenisima in the fridge right now -- one the parcialmente descremada B9 con calcio agregado, and the other with additional Iron. Both of them list the ingredients as "leche parcialmente descremada" followed by on the B9 lactado de calcio - vitaminas A, B9, C y D; and on the iron one "concentrado de calio natural de leche, sulfato ferroso, vitaminas A, B9, C, y D.

I don't know what's up with that Sancor one -- does it say that is "leche parcialmente descremada" or does it say something more akin to "producto lacteo"

So what is Concentrado Lacteo?? In Spanish Milk concentrate..???

Natural Milk Calcium Concentrate -- ie they have upped the calcium in the milk using calcium derived from milk not other sources (ie fish bones, rocks, shellfish, eggshells etc etc).

Several Argentines have told me they don't trust what's listed as ingredients on most products here as evidently it's fairly common to not disclose and punishment is rarely enforced even if a company is caught. Kind of like arresting an armed robber and then setting them free - happens all the time here. Let's break the laws since we won't be punished seems to be the thinking.

Several Argentines have told me they don't trust what's listed as ingredients on most products here as evidently it's fairly common to not disclose and punishment is rarely enforced even if a company is caught. Kind of like arresting an armed robber and then setting them free - happens all the time here. Let's break the laws since we won't be punished seems to be the thinking.

Milk and dairy products are actually highly supervised here, and they are very stringent about bacterial limits. Where the problems come are not at the manufacturing plants but in the supermarkets (yes we've all heard the tales of the chinos turning off the fridges at night). Processing plants for the major producers here meet international standards -- the failures are at the supermarket level.

It's silly to say that they are bad here when in the USA they are constantly having salmonella and e. coli outbreaks and every week.

Taste of milk of course change according to what cow is eating. I remember I had to get used to the taste every time cows went out or in back home. And you can get so used to the shifty taste, that you find good milk bad..

However, this is not probably the case here, since I also noticed huge difference between serenisima and sancor, in favor of the first. Even día milk tastes better, but that could just be me convincing myself cheap is also good...

In that case the SanCor cows must be eating industrial waste.

Back