Friday 16th - Happy Hour Drinks

fair enough. Have fun guys. Say hello to the hippies for me ;)

t837hs4rpf.jpg

* actually sounds pretty nice, I'll have to try it sometime *

At the risk of becoming a regular - I'll probably pop along for one or two (or maybe even three)

AlexfromLA said:
Maybe if you guys threw something in Palermo. San Telmo is too far away for me personally. Plus that neighborhood smells like hippies to me. No offense to you hippies out there.
I am 30km away, but make the effort to meet my friends....though I can never remember too much about it!!!see you Friday folks:p:p:p

Good to see the old Southside/kinda Northside slagging is global!

See you there guys. San Telmo and proud! :)

Spork said:
Good to see the old Southside/kinda Northside slagging is global!

See you there guys. San Telmo and proud! :)

Now there must speak a Dub ;).... See you Friday :)

I would like to come along and bring a few female expat and Argentinean friends. I like San Telmo, but I don't think I could get my female friends to go there during the night time. If you organize something in a safer area; say, el centro, Barrio Norte, or even Caballito I could get some people to go.

The Gibraltar is on Peru, a busy street, is well lit, and not unsafe at all around there. Plenty of taxi's to get you around, and it's on bus routes too. We head there quite a lot, and so far no problems heard, unlike some of the tales you hear from Recoleta, Barrio Norte, or the bar areas of Reconquista at times.

As we said to others, we travel from Avellaneda and San Isidro, to name wo places, as we like the place and the location, but feel free to plan a night out somewhere you know, and feel comfortable in, and people will come along.

Seriously, grab a cab, come to the Gib on Friday, see what the craic is all about, and keep the pre-conceived ideas about the area at home, and see for yourselves.

I know the area. I used to live there, as well as in La Boca and Constitution. I would have to take a bus to get home, but I invited some friends to go but I haven't heard back yet. How many people have confirmed and how do I know which table you'll be at? I've never met the people from the group in person before.

nlaruccia said:
I know the area. I used to live there, as well as in La Boca and Constitution. I would have to take a bus to get home, but I invited some friends to go but I haven't heard back yet. How many people have confirmed and how do I know which table you'll be at? I've never met the people from the group in person before.

Yep, well Constitucion at night, even I would draw the line at ;).... As for what we are like, and where we will be... Well, To be fair we are a mixed bunch, and will more than likely be stood around the bar, in the front of the place. When I say mixed, I mean in age and gender, as well as standpoints... It's hard to say exactly how many will be there, at last count, around 10 have confirmed, but some will come early, others may not arrive until after 10. As the place is usally busy, can't guarantee we will have a table, but look for the english accents at the front end of the place (not the pool room). If all else fails, ask at the bar for the Expats group, and they will point you at us lot :)....

Really hope to see you there....

I might be there - I live round the corner. Liam, I think I've made friends with a few girls who know you and who go in the Gibraltar; are you the Irish Liam whose wife/girlfriend runs an English teaching institute? We surmised there can't be more than a couple of you in the city at most.

The 'might' in my first sentence is because I'm in there this evening as well, but Friday evening and so on... yeah. I'll probably see you there!

Back