Friday 16th - Happy Hour Drinks

Gaucho Sam said:
I might be there - I live round the corner. Liam, I think I've made friends with a few girls who know you and who go in the Gibraltar; are you the Irish Liam whose wife/girlfriend runs an English teaching institute? We surmised there can't be more than a couple of you in the city at most.

The 'might' in my first sentence is because I'm in there this evening as well, but Friday evening and so on... yeah. I'll probably see you there!
hey Sam,there,s only one Liam:confused: and yes, Paula is his other half.She,ll be propping him up at the bar as usual:cool:see you there.we,ll have a ball;)if it,s soooo cold a nice hot curry and chips will suffice.say Hi to Beaver for us,the manager of Gibraltar,and tell him we,ll see him tomorrow night,regards Howard

I'd love to join the group for drinks tomorrow - looking forward to it. (Assuming I can find you all in the bar!)

Can we try to get a place not in the middle of the "road"? Who do I talk to about that?? ;)
I'll try to get there early... but it takes like 1/2 a century to get there from here..... And I might actually be teaching a class tomorrow... Someone could get hurt. Hopefully not me!

Hi BAexpats,
I just got here a few days ago and this group is a great resource. Thanks to whoever created it.

I do appreciate the effort for the happy hour crew in San Telmo and might drop by. But I am also staying in Palermo. If Alex and/or any others are down to meet up in Palermo for drinks, just name the place and time and I'm there.

has Palermo suddenly got further away from San Telmo?...10 mins
MAX in cab!!!MY CAB WILL BE 45 MINUTES....

I live in Palermo and it's 30 minutes on the subte down to Gibraltar (including the change of line and the 5 minute walk down to the pub) and then 25 pesos in a cab home. And because every man and his dog (as evidenced from the footpaths here;)) live in Palermo, there's always someone to share a taxi home with! Howard can even drop off in Palermo on his epic voyage home!

See you all tonight! :)

oh, awesome, i'm coming - if just for the british and irish accents heh heh. yeah i'll figure out a way to get there, would appreciate tagging along with someone going back though, not so sure of myself alone at night. am in recoleta area.

Good to hear! Take note of Howard's mobile number above and text him if there are any problems finding us. We will also let the bar staff know, so you can ask them too if you can't locate us.

Looking forward to meeting you :)

Back