Frinks - October 8th - Back to San Telmo

Liam3494

Registered
After last weeks less than succesful attempt to try another pub, the committee (OK, that's Jo and myself decided!) to re-group back on safer ground, and head back to The Gibraltar, at 895 Peru, (Estados Unidos), San Telmo, this Friday night for Frinks.

For new readers, Frinks are FRIday Night drinKS, and is simply an open invitation to join like minded souls for a beer, a chat, and generally meet new and old friends alike. We meet up from around 8 o'clock till they throw us out. The Gibraltar has good beer, good food, and although it's usually busy on a Friday night, unlike other places (see last week) there is no cover charge to get into the bar, and it's generally easy to find us. If in doubt PM me.

Look forward to seeing folk this week for Frinking!

can,t make it this week as we are off to San Pedro,,need to relax so muuuuuuuch,enjoy folks...see you soon.

ps there is a new meal on the menu,we sampled it on Saturday and it was lovely.Chicken done in a delicious sauce..hmmmm

hi, i just arrived i BA this am from Atlanta and will be at frinks to meet all of you. i look forward to seeing ya'll!

HowardinBA said:
can,t make it this week as we are off to San Pedro,,need to relax so muuuuuuuch,enjoy folks...see you soon.

ps there is a new meal on the menu,we sampled it on Saturday and it was lovely.Chicken done in a delicious sauce..hmmmm

Usually his grub is pretty good but the tarragon sauce was pretty bland, I thought. Still, it was at the experimental stage so who knows how it's progressed since then, maybe it's now a culinary achievement destined to delight the tastebuds ;)

citymike said:
Usually his grub is pretty good but the tarragon sauce was pretty bland, I thought. Still, it was at the experimental stage so who knows how it's progressed since then, maybe it's now a culinary achievement destined to delight the tastebuds ;)
Hey Mike...keep up the good work on the pool table.Hopefully see you next week:):)

I just realized I have nothing to do tonight and am feeling in the mood to drink, so see yall there. I'll be the too tall to be argentine young looking guy in a cream sweater and jeans.

Also I'm heading to La Cava de El Querand (peru 322) to have some wine and tapas right now, anybody wanting to join me, feel free.

Liam3494 said:
After last weeks less than succesful attempt to try another pub, the committee (OK, that's Jo and myself decided!) to re-group back on safer ground, and head back to The Gibraltar, at 895 Peru, (Estados Unidos), San Telmo, this Friday night for Frinks.
I'm curious as to what happened last week to make Frinks unsuccessful and needing to head back to the safety zone of Gibraltar?

It wasn't that anything happened, it's just that the bar we chose was far too busy to meet a group of people who didn't know everyone. I went to the bar earlier in the week to check that they had a Happy Hour etc., and was told we would be welcome to come along on Friday eveing. When some people got there, the bar was packed, AND charging people 30 pesos to enter - before you managed to squeeze your way to the bar.... Hence people didn't go in, people who did, failed to meet the Frinkers, and despite a group actually making it another bar and having a good evening, it gave us thoughts as to where is the best type of place to meet in the way that this ad hoc, open, loose group, can meet easily on a Friday Night....

Given the nights in The Gibraltar have been succesful, we decided to head back there this week, and maybe look into where else we may venture in future weeks. Hope that helps.....

Liam3494 said:
It wasn't that anything happened, it's just that the bar we chose was far too busy to meet a group of people who didn't know everyone. I went to the bar earlier in the week to check that they had a Happy Hour etc., and was told we would be welcome to come along on Friday eveing. When some people got there, the bar was packed, AND charging people 30 pesos to enter - before you managed to squeeze your way to the bar.... Hence people didn't go in, people who did, failed to meet the Frinkers, and despite a group actually making it another bar and having a good evening, it gave us thoughts as to where is the best type of place to meet in the way that this ad hoc, open, loose group, can meet easily on a Friday Night....

Given the nights in The Gibraltar have been succesful, we decided to head back there this week, and maybe look into where else we may venture in future weeks. Hope that helps.....

Ahh gotcha. :) Well, happy Frinking tonight!

Back