From BA, USA & Europe assumes you are a criminal

jago25_98

Registered
I can't connect to my computer in the UK for some reason. I don't know if the cable has fallen out the back or what.

As a result I want to pay for a VPN/Proxy in order to buy a prepay card because I don't want to risk my card online.

Let me tell you... it is virtually impossible to get anyone to deal with you if you are coming from BA. They all assume you are a criminal. Entropay wanted me to forward a utility bill, but I don't have any utility bills for my UK address. Another company banned me as soon as I tried to spend more than $1!

UK Ebay sellers generally won't send anything to here so I often have to write a sob-story to them explaining how "Yes, I commute to Europe to work".

It's frustrating.

I wonder if having a local bank account with a card to use might help.

One trick I did find was that opening a new Paypal account with a linked address to Argentina helped a little.

What tricks have you found to get around this hassle?
Perhaps we could all chip for some kind of shared service to reship items.

I think VPN/proxy tunneling out of a NAT gateway in Europe, the UK or North America would be your best bet.

I use both fairfx and caxtonfx prepaid mastercards here ever since my bank stopped me using my card in any cash machine here.

They tend to give me a better rate too.

Back