Furnished Apt In Almagro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mariano, I consider myself neither a fool nor a dummy gringo, yet I can't say to have seen many medium or short term rentals for 500 dollars or less... Would love to see where you are getting these. I am currently paying 6500 pesos for a nice one bedroom in Villa Crespo, expensive compared to a long-term rental, but not expensive compared to what I see in the temporary rental market. Splattermatter is right, his is one of the cheaper ones on AirBnB. If you go to SoloDuenos, which tends to be cheaper, and search temporary rentals in Palermo or Recoleta, there are seven hits, not very much, and they are mostly small. (I would have gone for Splattermatter's place if it was a little closer to Villa Crespo.)

So, a lot of us would love to know where we can find these great temporary rentals in Palermo for less than 500 dollars! Enlighten us!
Be welcome: I live in a complete renovated studio all in in San Telmo. This is a former huge colonial house which was renovated into studios and now being rented to foreigners or Argentineans who come back for a while like me. Some in pesos (3800-4200 pesos), some in dollars (350-370 dollars), the studios are 40-50 m2 and with a entrepiso.
And I keep saying that place in Almagro is obviously too expensive. Get real, go and work for a living in stead of trying to rip off tourists or short stays!

Mariano, maybe you should get a job instead of harassing people who are trying to do business...You are completely wrong about the market...You live in tiny space with limited privacy...and you are ok with that for the price(so stay there)...You don't have to maintain and manage your own property and portfolio...You are completely ignorant of the market, dealing with inflation associated with large transactions , economies to scale, and convenience. Are you even an expat? This forum is ba-expats...

Be welcome: I live in a complete renovated studio all in in San Telmo. This is a former huge colonial house which was renovated into studios and now being rented to foreigners or Argentineans who come back for a while like me. Some in pesos (3800-4200 pesos), some in dollars (350-370 dollars), the studios are 40-50 m2 and with a entrepiso.
And I keep saying that place in Almagro is obviously too expensive. Get real, go and work for a living in stead of trying to rip off tourists or short stays!
Ah, so you are talking about studios in San Telmo, not one bedroom apartments in Palermo... Quite a difference!

And why do you sound so mean? I am pretty sure Splattermatter is not "trying to rip off tourists"!

Ah, so you are talking about studios in San Telmo, not one bedroom apartments in Palermo... Quite a difference!

And why do you sound so mean? I am pretty sure Splattermatter is not "trying to rip off tourists"!

Noruega: yes, in San Telmo, Montserrat you'll find old renovated colonial houses which are now studios between 40 and 60 m2 and for a fraction of that rip off in Almagro.
Just go to pasaje San Lorenzo, pasaje Giuffra, the streets Venezuela, EEUU, Bolivar and others and ask the owner if there's one available.
It's not that I'm mean, but can't stand people who try to rob others.

There is a big difference between San Telmo and Almagro. Of course it depends on personal preference. While I love San Telmo and it's "funkiness", it is out of the way especially if a person comes to Buenos Aires and wants to do things around Palermo, it can get expensive taking taxis at night to go back and forth. Also in San Telmo there are some downright scary blocks, which I wouldn't even walk down during the day. While there are some not too pretty streets in Almagro also, they are nothing like what I have seen in San Telmo, especially the closer you get to Bernardo Irigoyen / Juan de Garay. I think the a price of $750 USD is about right for what they are offering, however I don't think it's fair for landlords to charge any additional charges when they are asking for dollar denominated rents, especially not for expensas and utilities. I have friends who visit to Bs As many times during the year from the US and always get temporary rentals through ByT Argentina. Some have stayed up to 3 or 4 months. Never has a single one of those rentals had any additional charges besides the rent, except once when one of my friends wanted to bring his cats. They charged double deposit, and every cent was refunded the day he left after they inspected the apartment. Everything - all ultilities, furnishings and even housekeeping is included. This has been for both low cost ($500 USD) to some very high end apartments in Recoleta ($3500 USD). When you charge rent in dollars you get a raise almost every day as the dollar is guaranteed to rise against the peso. Just my opinion. Good luck with your rental and I sincerely hope you find many long term tenants.

Thanks for the concise response...The price is negotiable...I think agree about all expenses with the $750 price...Thanks for the sound and thoughtful advice.
The apartment is very near the corner of Gascon y Guardia Vieja only a few blocks from the Medrano Subte B stop. It is very very convenient

Thanks for the concise response...The price is negotiable...I think agree about all expenses with the $750 price...Thanks for the sound and thoughtful advice.
The apartment is very near the corner of Gascon y Guardia Vieja only a few blocks from the Medrano Subte B stop. It is very very convenient
You're very welcome....Guardia Vieja / Gascon near Medrano is a great location, especially for visitors. You have EVERYTHING you can think of around there from the typical to the atypical and literally a stone's throw from all of the Palermos, as the crow flies.

There is a big difference between San Telmo and Almagro. Of course it depends on personal preference. While I love San Telmo and it's "funkiness", it is out of the way especially if a person comes to Buenos Aires and wants to do things around Palermo, it can get expensive taking taxis at night to go back and forth. Also in San Telmo there are some downright scary blocks, which I wouldn't even walk down during the day. While there are some not too pretty streets in Almagro also, they are nothing like what I have seen in San Telmo, especially the closer you get to Bernardo Irigoyen / Juan de Garay. I think the a price of $750 USD is about right for what they are offering, however I don't think it's fair for landlords to charge any additional charges when they are asking for dollar denominated rents, especially not for expensas and utilities. I have friends who visit to Bs As many times during the year from the US and always get temporary rentals through ByT Argentina. Some have stayed up to 3 or 4 months. Never has a single one of those rentals had any additional charges besides the rent, except once when one of my friends wanted to bring his cats. They charged double deposit, and every cent was refunded the day he left after they inspected the apartment. Everything - all ultilities, furnishings and even housekeeping is included. This has been for both low cost ($500 USD) to some very high end apartments in Recoleta ($3500 USD). When you charge rent in dollars you get a raise almost every day as the dollar is guaranteed to rise against the peso. Just my opinion. Good luck with your rental and I sincerely hope you find many long term tenants.

We often rent our apartment through ByT, which is very professional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back