Furniture Store Recommendations Anyone?

AlfajorEfi

Registered
Hi all,

I am looking for some new furniture (not necessarily custom made) such as sofas for the living room (3 sections), coffee table, king size bed and outdoor furniture sets (not metal or wood though).
Any place you guys can recommend from experience?

Thanks!!

The "furniture district" in Buenos Aires is Avenida Belgrano (NOT IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD OF BELGRANO) between Av. Entre Rios and Av. Jujuy. Not far from Congreso. There are literally 100s of furniture stores, all have new furniture of every kind, size and description. From modern to more traditional styles and everything in between. The times we've dealt with some of these stores they have been fairly professional and the items have been good to better quality (still not as good as in the US) but as good as it gets here. Many of the stores open on Sunday evenings as this supposedly is a time that families use to go out and shop for furniture.

Bought the sofa's on Av. Belgrano over 10 years ago. Payed for expensive good quality frames inside -critical- and leather. They're still in good shape.

Most of my good stuff came from Morph @ BA Design Center. Chairs from Gowa's.

Hi. I have bought stuff from Buenos Aires Design stores and been happy with it - they have a sale once a year and things really are much cheaper then (but not until around Easter, I think). I did a lot of research on beds and eventually bought them from Entre Suenos at Av Belgrano 2111. They have lasted well and are very comfortable, and were cheaper than most other stores at the time. I have also bought some things from local wood-making stores but the quality is not good and I think these items are over-priced. Still, you have to buy from what is available.

You might try Easy for new outdoor furniture.

Watch out for sales on this website and Craigslist as people regularly leave this city and sell fairly new stuff. They ask ridiculous prices for secondhand stuff (which is not considered to lose much value here by being secondhand), but you can always make an offer.

Good luck.
La Fleur.

We got our sectional with a chaise lounge at Jazmeen in Olivos. They had amazing stuff! Mainly sofas but also antique chairs with gorgeous upholstery. It can be a bit pricey but not that much compared to what the prices were in Norcenter (which is basically just a mall with furniture and housewares, great stuff but pricey). But you can get a more reasonable price if you buy what's on display rather than having custom made.

Back