Online furniture store recommendation

baraka

Registered
I've bought furniture twice recently from mueblerozanabria.com.ar - a dresser and nightstands, which came out very nice. They do custom work - you point out a photo from their website, or send them a photo, pick what type of wood and stain you want, and they have it delivered within a couple weeks.

What I liked about them is that a) they have styles that are not readily available in the stores here, b) they do high quality work with hardwoods, c) they're quick (at least once you get the price quote - that took a few days), and d) being furniture makers they sell to a a lot of furniture stores in Buenos Aires, but buying from them directly thru their website cuts out the middle man and saves some money.

Anyway - worth checking out if you are looking for tables, chairs, beds, cribs etc - any wood furniture actually.

Interesting - thanks for the link. I've been looking for a custom piece dresser/bookcase/place for the tv and I haven't been able to find it.

Am I dreaming? Has Ikea finally come to Argentina? Or am I on the wrong expat site??

I realize it has been a lot of time since this site was posted however today it no longer seems to exist. Does the original poster of the information or others here on line know of places of the type mentioned within this posting. Many things have changed in the intervening years -- doors open and doors close too. I am interested in understanding what it might cost to furnish an apartment.. of course size and bedrooms etc need to be considered too but just starting off with a one or two bedroom apartment - living area -- kitchen -- dining ... is enough for starters for sure. Where does one start looking if they are smart? looking for value? for pricing? for quality? not being stupid? many thanks.. perhaps I should start a new posting on this subject.

Mercadolibre is the place to look for furnishings and you'll get an idea of prices. As for how much it costs - all depends. You can buy used or new, high quality or not so high, etc. You can also check online at falabella,etc. They generally are not cheap but you also have 1 stop shopping convenience.

The only thing I will strongly recommend is if you are furnishing, buy your towels/sheets/etc overseas. You just can't find really nice linens here and if you do, they cost a fortune.

I can give you some recent prices for cheap but nice stuff. A good economic furniture maker charges me about 1200 pesos for a nice capilla-style 80cm wardrobe (ropero) with three drawers underneath painted white. An economic double bed (sommier y colchon) is 1300 pesos. A bajo mesada (wooden cupboard that goes under kitchen sink and counter) is 800 pesos unvarnished. Jackard curtains are 20-25 pesos a square metre. Upholstered restored antique chairs between 400-800 pesos. If you want any suppliers info, send me a PM.

Back