FYI: Snow in Mendoza

Napoleon said:
Her jacket says "Cute". That's, well...

I would eat at her cafe.
But! - she is an old woman, at least 20 - D&RfC (Ducking and running for cover :D)

Although Porteñas have high thoughts of themselves, they are generally ugly compared to Mendocinas, Catarmarcinas and Saltarinas - women here out west look good - the first few weeks one gets a sore neck turning head all the time, then it become 'bussiness as usual'.

Napoleon said:
If/when I make it to Mendoza, I hope that it's NOT snowing. (I plan to go late spring to early fall.)
Not a chance - snow once a year, or every second year, in June and July is all we can hope for. AFAIR the snow in 2007 was a first time for children younger than 5.

mendozanow said:
Terrible year for skiing. Penitentes is open (Vallecitos no) but little snow and not worth it.
Still, the ski & equipment rental shops in Calle Las Heras (Mendoza ciudad) are so full of customers all day, you couldn't turn the page in your newspaper in there - to say nothing about swinging a cat. Went past a couple yesterday and this afternoon and thought an indoor riot was on.

When does "spring" come to BA...is it this month or next? I guess the weather will be unpleasant in August.

hyperborean said:
When does "spring" come to BA...is it this month or next? I guess the weather will be unpleasant in August.
Spring usually starts near the start of September with cold days still sprinkled around here and there. However, July had TONS of "spring days" this year. It's been a little weird this year.

... she's kinda cute isn't she ???

GEOFS said:

... she's kinda cute isn't she ???
Yeah, but like I wrote - at least 20 years old - but OTOH if you're in for middle aged women ... :D:D

Back