Gas / Electric & broadband costs in Buenos Aires

SA2011

Registered
Please can somebody help give me an up to date rough idea of how much gas, electricity and broadband will cost and whether the subsidy has already been removed or will soon be removed (if it is about to be removed an idea of how much it's worth). To give you an idea, I will be living in a modern 2 bedroom apartment in Palermo with air-conditioning, under floor heating and gas cooker. I will be out at work for about 12 hours a day, 5 days a week so don't expect to be a high consumer. Thanks in advance for your help.

Gas and Electric are required to be paid in dollars (which is funny because you cant buy dolalrs). Gas and electric runs about 15,000USD per month. Broadband is cheap and works great (100 pesos a month) but if you are caught browsing Anti-Cristina propoganda, they tack on a 100k peso fine.

what is the fastest broadband available in BA ( for home use..not commercial)

And what does it cost , unlimited data.

Ceviche said:
what is the fastest broadband available in BA ( for home use..not commercial)

And what does it cost , unlimited data.

Fibertel just came out with a new 6 MB service. They have a special now of 50% off for 6 months.

http://www.fibertel.com.ar/seccion-330-6megas.html

It's only 107.50 pesos a month for 6 months which is pretty good. Then it goes to 215 pesos a month

I have the 3 MB service and I think I pay around 180 pesos a month so I think I will go ahead and upgrade for the small difference.

I live in a Studio in Recoleta (single),
The subsides here and in Palermo were removed some time ago.
Expenses:
ABL Tax $54 pesos per month (Street lights, sweeping, and cleaning?)
Electrical $221 bimonthly (4 light bulbs, TV set, AC/Heater, Netbook, Gone every week end)
Gas $19 bimonthly, very light cooking.
Water $ 84 per month (not a neasured service, can take cold showers all day long)
Internet : $215 per month 6 mega sometimes , Cablevision/Fibertel

Total: $472 aprox! per month

The ABL is proportionate to the sq. footage, so is the water rate...! I have 42 sq mts, a 2-bedroom must be over 100 sq. mts. You figure it out

You can send an email to Fibertel and cancel service after the 6 months and they will give u that special again, no need to pay more than $100 you just have to ask about it when they call after canceling.

I think it depends on which part of Palermo. I still get my subsidy. My bill last week was ar$59. The subsidy was about ar$240. So a winter bill in a two bed apartment came to ar$300.

I have telecentro which is a complete package of Cable TV, telephone and Internet (5mb) and it comes to ar$275 per month (Free local landline calls)

I live in Belgrano and opted to pay full rate with the issue of subsidy came up... before I pay 60-90 pesos for Gas, now about 300++. same low amount for water and now about 200 pesos++... and so on. I do not really keep track but prices have gone up quite a bit. I just hope that the increases in rates will be used productively and not into some person's pocket or some rich Union guy.

SA2011 said:
Please can somebody help give me an up to date rough idea of how much gas, electricity and broadband will cost and whether the subsidy has already been removed or will soon be removed (if it is about to be removed an idea of how much it's worth). To give you an idea, I will be living in a modern 2 bedroom apartment in Palermo with air-conditioning, under floor heating and gas cooker. I will be out at work for about 12 hours a day, 5 days a week so don't expect to be a high consumer. Thanks in advance for your help.

Claro are doing a promo now. 3mb fiber optic internet and telephon line, can't remember the minutes, but it's a lot. All for 89 pesos!! Can't argue with that.

Got it installed and it works perfect

Back