Gasoline More Expensive Than In Chile, Now!

r2d2

Registered
I have been driving many times to Chile in the past. Always filling up the tank at the last gas station in Argentina to avoid the high gasoline prices in Chile as much as possible.

Not any more!!! Now gasoline in Argentina (number 25 of the oil producing countries) is more expensive than in Chile (number 82 of the oil producing countries)!

http://www.lanacion....brasil-paraguay

Edit: In the region only Uruguay still has higher gas prices than here:

http://www.lanacion.com.ar/1895035-la-nafta-en-la-argentina-ya-es-la-segunda-mas-cara-en-la-region

Thanks for publishing important credible data clearly similar to the hordes of Colombians crossing to Venezuela to purchase gas and whatever they could carry.

Not like the figures for Electricity figures on the Edesur invoice. They publish a comparison with cost values in Chile, Brasil and Uruguay. The figures are never revised in spite of daily exchange rates changes and tariff changes...?? a true fallacy.

Not to mention the "hordes" of Ecuadoreans crossing into Colombia when I was there last Sept.to do the same thing .I imagine that this is still going on as the Euadorean economy is stil on the skids due to crashing oil prices and Correa's dependence on China.He was onTV almost daily exhorting them not to to do so.
However,,Correa's famous peg to the US dollar (he consantly berates The Great Satan ) has backfired on him big time.
I am very sorry for the earthquake victims there but it has laid manifest many aspects of his mal governance.

It can take hours to cross the border and back, we even skipped a day trip to Paraguay because of that when in the region. So unless you value your time less than say 50 pesos/hour it is not worth it.

Note that in NQN, La Pampa and all of Patagonia the gas is 25% (30%?) cheaper anyways. Of course the roads are non-existent as Baez never constructed anything for the money he and the K's got out of the price increases elsewhere, but that is a different story...

Gas in Argentina higher than all of South American countries EXCEPT for Uruguay

Back