General Anaesthetic Experience Here?

In my limited experience, I've found that private healthcare here in BAires is better than in the UK.
I'm not sure if it's as well regulated here (not knowing anyone who works in the field here), but the general standard appears to be higher.

Best of luck with your operation nlaruccia! And to your friend also Fahrenheit :)

In my limited experience, I've found that private healthcare here in BAires is better than in the UK.
I'm not sure if it's as well regulated here (not knowing anyone who works in the field here), but the general standard appears to be higher.

Best of luck with your operation nlaruccia! And to your friend also Fahrenheit :)
Unfortunately health care in the US is over regtulated to the point that doctors can no longer practise medicine [good medicine].There is so much regulation that 50% of the job is paperwork and compliance ie CYA. The $$$$$ in the eyes factor is partly driven by malpractise insurance costing 150K per year and that's only the start of the overhead. Most docs will tell you that the current situation sucks and they are bailing out asap.

Unfortunately health care in the US is over regtulated to the point that doctors can no longer practise medicine [good medicine].There is so much regulation that 50% of the job is paperwork and compliance ie CYA. The $$$$$ in the eyes factor is partly driven by malpractise insurance costing 150K per year and that's only the start of the overhead. Most docs will tell you that the current situation sucks and they are bailing out asap.

Absolutely true. And now comes Obamacare to make matters worse.

Hey, just to add my five cents:

I've had an emergency open appendectomy just two weeks ago. Went to the public hospital Rivadavia on Las Heras, as I lack any form of health insurance.
I've never been treated, and attended to, better in my life. The Argentine doctors and nurses were very professional and acted with the highest degree of care one might want. Their level of training and education is among the best in Latin America. Especially doctors in the public hospitals as they perform a much wider variety of patients and illnesses. And all of it was free of charge. That's right, not one peso had to be paid.
Thanks to being in good health I've had no complications and recovery is remarkable. I would certainly recommend the Rivadavia.
Have a check up in a week and I will certainly bring some flowers and chocolates for the staff.

Good luck!

Absolutely true. And now comes Obamacare to make matters worse.

The new US healthcare law is a good start, expanding coverage to tens of millions more at a reasonable cost. But for Republican obstructionism, it could have been even better, but the trend is finally in the right direction.

Typical television commercial breaks in the USA.

#1 Take this drug and you will live forever, then explains side effects that sound worst than the cure.

#2 Buy this health insurance to supplement your Medicare. Greatest thing since sliced bread.

# 3 Political message, screw Obama care........ Take back your rights or something to that effect.

#4 Law outfit seeking clients for a class action law suit who took drug in commercial #1.

And it goes on and on 24/7, take this, buy this..... Whether it is Obama Care, FU Care, Blue Cross Care, the whole industry is a sham. American Greed at its finest. It is beyond belief.

Sorry to be off topic but.....

The new US healthcare law is a good start, expanding coverage to tens of millions more at a reasonable cost. But for Republican obstructionism, it could have been even better, but the trend is finally in the right direction.

What Obama says and what he DOES are not the same thing. I know he's saying he wants "AFFORDABLE" healthcare. But as in every other thing he has done he says one thing and does another. Not that the Republican way isn't also screwed up. The situation is bad, pharmaceutical companies and insurance companies make billions. That's what makes the system so bad. Things won't change because lawmakers receive HUGE contributions from both. The fact that Mr. I'm a great public speaker but I lie worse than everyone else says that he wants affordable care it doesn't mean he's going to provide it. So far the only things coming are more attacks on small business and on individual freedoms. Like forcing catholic, baptist, mormon, etc. hospitals to perform procedures they wouldn't normally agree to. And this is not about religion. But enough freedoms have been tampered with. And it just keeps piling up.

It's true that American television is filled with on ad after another promoting some new drug. You rarely see drug ads on tv in Argentina. Maybe I'm not watching the right channels.

What Obama says and what he DOES are not the same thing. I know he's saying he wants "AFFORDABLE" healthcare. But as in every other thing he has done he says one thing and does another. Not that the Republican way isn't also screwed up. The situation is bad, pharmaceutical companies and insurance companies make billions. That's what makes the system so bad. Things won't change because lawmakers receive HUGE contributions from both. The fact that Mr. I'm a great public speaker but I lie worse than everyone else says that he wants affordable care it doesn't mean he's going to provide it. So far the only things coming are more attacks on small business and on individual freedoms. Like forcing catholic, baptist, mormon, etc. hospitals to perform procedures they wouldn't normally agree to. And this is not about religion. But enough freedoms have been tampered with. And it just keeps piling up.

You cannot base sound public policy on the whims of a fictitious supernatural being.

You cannot base sound public policy on the whims of a fictitious supernatural being.

I won't have this argument again. "Supernatural" beings aside... Obama's policies are terrible. And he has continued to take away personal freedoms, despite saying he wouldn't do it. Now try to twist my words again.

Back