Germans Add Insult To Injury

Joe

Registered
Many of you said in the Why is Everyone Picking On Argentina poll, that only the Yanquis were bullying Argentina. But now we find out that Germany is also a Bully.

And I'm not talking about the Infamous Gaucho Dance.

Argentina calls holdout funds 'terrorists,' says Germany 'hostile'

Fernandez's cabinet chief Jorge Capitanich accused Germany of having a "hostile attitude" toward Argentina's debt restructuring effort, citing an advertisement by the hedge funds which quotes a German official criticizing Argentine policy.

gaucho.jpg

First Hitler, then the Gaucho Dance and now this... When will it end?

No poll?

I guess you can't blame Xtina, Frau Merkel has never tried to be BFFs with her like Hitler was with Peron (shhh, the Peronists don't like to be reminded).
Of all the things exporter to Argentina from Germany, Nazis, fleeing Jews, Mercedes, Gold, etc. it's sad personal responsibility and good governance
were never one of them.

Sorry guys, I spend the whole day at case rosada doing the gaucho dance. So I guess I must be the cause for the feeling of a "hostile attitude", as Argentina is not really one of the countries Germany has a major interest in (to put it nicely). I'll make up for it by drinking a thermo can of mate and eating a pot of dulce de leche for one week and hope that's punishment enough.

Reactions: mex
Well, duh.

Guess which country's banks (not including multinational financial entities like the IMF) owns more of, say, Greek or Portuguese sovereign debt?

When it comes to onerous debt, I am shocked that Argentina is really all that surprised by Germany's position on the matter.

Sorry guys, I spend the whole day at case rosada doing the gaucho dance. So I guess I must be the cause for the feeling of a "hostile attitude", as Argentina is not really one of the countries Germany has a major interest in (to put it nicely). I'll make up for it by drinking a thermo can of mate and eating a pot of dulce de leche for one week and hope that's punishment enough.

It's also not one of the countries the US has much interest in, despite yesterday's events in NYC: https://twitter.com/Max_Fisher/status/514866363110662144

Ajo, you have a German name and a German Sheppard. Are you a party to these hostilities or do you reserve that for Poor Steve?

I am not German (though I speak the language passably, my Spanish is far better), and I have never had a German shepherd (though they are very fine dogs). I hold no personal animus toward anybody here, but will not refrain from criticizing or even ridiculing wingnuts anywhere on the political spectrum (or any other spectrum).

Reactions: mex
I am not German (though I speak the language passably, my Spanish is far better), and I have never had a German shepherd (though they are very fine dogs). I hold no personal animus toward anybody here, but will not refrain from criticizing or even ridiculing wingnuts anywhere on the political spectrum (or any other spectrum).

!!! THE FEUD LIVES ON !!!

Back