Germanwings Crash In Alps

Wouldn't it also be speculation that they don't? Do you have a source? I think Thorsten is from Germany. He probably knows as much as any of us.

EDIT: More than anything else, airline crashes are subject to speculation and gross misunderstandings. Also, regarding your other post, what does the FAA have to do with European civil aviation?
sleslie23, all things flying and the mostly followed guidance is from FAA pain to say is American. However all country follows the book written from the good ol' US, be them Euro,Russia,Japan or elsewhere in this world. Every country on this earth has copied from the FAA manual ( the bible)..Who invented air travel ? And who standardised it? The US of A...Don't like it but it is fact..European aviation safety agency has to abide by the rules of FAA.

The U.S./EU Aviation Safety Agreement
The agreement with the European Union is an
agreement “On Cooperation in the Regulation of
Civil Aviation Safety.”

http://www.faa.gov/aircraft/repair/
EASA:european aviation safety agreement.
http://easa.europa.eu/approvals-and-

sleslie23, all things flying and the mostly followed guidance is from FAA pain to say is American. However all country follows the book written from the good ol' US, be them Euro,Russia,Japan or elsewhere in this world. Every country on this earth has copied from the FAA manual ( the bible)..Who invented air travel ? And who standardised it? The US of A...Don't like it but it is fact..European aviation safety agency has to abide by the rules of FAA.

Sorry, Hybrid-San, but it sounds like you've had a little too much saki (not saying that's a bad thing). Civil aviation in the EU is handled by the EASA:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Aviation_Safety_Agency

While they may cooperate with the FAA on many things, they are not some sort of subsidiary like you seem to believe. The only time a European airline has to "abide by the rules" of the FAA is when flights are coming from/going to the US.

Also, while the link you provided may be true for carriers in general, Southwest (one of the original low cost airlines) is the safest airline in the world. They have never had a fatality:

http://traveltips.usatoday.com/list-safest-airlines-100073.html

Enjoy your saki! :)

PS: I actually loathe Southwest because it feels like a flying cattle trailer.
PS2: Ironically, I am about the leave the airport for a Southwest flight from Austin to Dallas. I hope I didn't jinx myself!

Sorry, Hybrid-San, but it sounds like you've had a little too much saki (not saying that's a bad thing). Civil aviation in the EU is handled by the EASA:

http://en.wikipedia....n_Safety_Agency

While they may cooperate with the FAA on many things, they are not some sort of subsidiary like you seem to believe. The only time a European airline has to "abide by the rules" of the FAA is when flights are coming from/going to the US.

Also, while the link you provided may be true for carriers in general, Southwest (one of the original low cost airlines) is the safest airline in the world. They have never had a fatality:

http://traveltips.us...nes-100073.html

Enjoy your saki! :)

PS: I actually loathe Southwest because it feels like a flying cattle trailer.
PS2: Ironically, I am about the leave the airport for a Southwest flight from Austin to Dallas. I hope I didn't jinx myself!
Actually, don't consider SouthWest a LCC despite! They are a bit cheaper than most shuttle (howeevr never fly one)
but above the LCC's. Or regional carrier be them Euros,Asians..
And it is not _Saki_ it is Sahkeh? which is Sake ! I love to agree to dis-agree "con vos" ! have a nice day there in Texas !

Please quote your source of posted information. Otherwise, is just speculation on the Lufthansa and its Germanwing scion safety maintanance schedule.

Luftansa and GermanWings' aircraft are maintained at the same facilities with the same people and program. Public knowledge. Not hearsay.

As crazy as it sounds I would not rule out the pilots taking a nap (as was mentioned here). However, all accidents have an element of a combination of factors. For example, an instrument failure is normally not a big deal - unless the pilots are taking a nap. Oxygen problem is not normally a big deal, unless some other factor prevents the pilots from catching it. There are loud alarms for a mis-set flap setting on takeoff that are really hard to ignore - unless there has been a consistent problems with false alarms that pilots learned to ignore (as in the 737 crash at Aeroparque Newbery). You get the idea.

We possible will never know the cause of its crash. All data recorders found are destroyed, latest news heard. Only found out side
casing of its box. The inner most valuable info are in pieces sacattered all over the crash site being reported.

We possible will never know the cause of its crash. All data recorders found are destroyed, latest news heard. Only found out side
casing of its box. The inner most valuable info are in pieces sacattered all over the crash site being reported.

Can you give a source for that? Both the CVR and FDR are designed to withstand a tremendous impact.

According to the Guardian they have extracted the voice recorder from the cockpit and have heard voices until the impact. So they have got something.
What I dont understand is that in this day and age why on earth planes dont have cctv cameras installed throughout the plane. If you can buy a cheap video camera for your car to show accidents why cant they do something for a plane and connected to the black box. It would surely give useful infomation to the pilots condition and awareness.

I thought this was a strange crash from the very beginning as the evidence didn't fit the profile of "normal" crashes. Now it is getting even stranger. Reports are now that one of the pilots was locked out of the cockpit before impact.

I thought this was a strange crash from the very beginning as the evidence didn't fit the profile of "normal" crashes. Now it is getting even stranger. Reports are now that one of the pilots was locked out of the cockpit before impact.

From the AP:

A newspaper report, however, suggests the audio contains intriguing information at the least: One of the pilots is heard leaving the cockpit, then banging on the door with increasing urgency in an unsuccessful attempt to get back in.

"The guy outside is knocking lightly on the door and there is no answer," The New York Times quotes an unidentified investigator as saying. "And then he hits the door stronger and no answer. There is never an answer."

Eventually, the newspaper quotes the investigator as saying: "You can hear he is trying to smash the door down."

The investigator, whom the newspaper said could not be identified because the investigation is continuing, said officials don't know why the pilot left. He also does not speculate on why the other pilot didn't open the door or make contact with ground control before the crash.

Since the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, airlines in the U.S. don't leave one pilot alone in the cockpit. The standard operating procedure is that if one of the pilots leaves — for example to use the bathroom — a flight attendant takes their spot in the cockpit. It was not immediately clear if European airlines have adopted the same practice.

http://www.huffingto..._n_6944166.html

I did not know flight attendants took the pilot's spot in case she/he needed to use the bathroom. My understanding was that the doors were shut and never to be opened during flight? I just assumed they had a bathroom in the cockpit... Clearly, I am plane ignorant. GS_Dirtboy (almost wrote Dirtyboy -- feel as though I've done that in the past), what say you?

Very similar to the Malaysia Airlines out of KL no contact with the ground no mayday no 7007 alarm code just keep going straight until crash.

A new terrorist spray gas that immobilizes the pilots..? One pilot locked out .... :rolleyes:

Back