Get DNI after entering on spouse visa

doubleup_dan

Registered
I have recently entered on a spouse visa I got in the UK. They told me that I can apply for a DNI once I got here, I was wondering how do I start the process as the Argentine Consulate were not very helpful when I asked how I do it?
Also does having a DNI mean that I can enter and leave easier? as I don't plan on living here but I will be coming and going alot.

Thanks

Hello mate
I’ve had the visa since July last year and haven’t managed to do it,
Basically it seems that there’s very few people in migraciones who know what needs to be done to get the DNI. You first need to register your visa with them somehow, can’t tell you how. Then you need to get an appointment with Migraciones and they will give you a DNI. Appointments at migraciones are also seemingly impossible to get unless you know the right person to contact.

See my post on the other thread on visa advice but basically I’ve given up on trying to do it myself and have employed a lawyer to do it for me. He seems to know who to speak to.

Whether you need a DNI or not is up to you I suppose if you believe the borders will be open for tourists before your visa expires then you don’t need one. I have came and gone freely on my visa but mine expires in July so I will need a DNI from that point to get in.

Copy and paste from my post on the other thread;

They won’t start the process because no one there knows how to deal with the family visa.
You just go round in circles through the canal único de comunicación they just keep telling me I need to go through RADEX which is totally incorrect.
I went down to migraciones the other day to try to find someone who knew what to do, after again going round in circles finally got to someone who seemed to know what was needed. She said I need to ask for a cita for DNI por acto consular through canal único de comunicación. I Did that and got a copy and paste answer that I needed to go through RADEX!!

I just gave up now and have paid a lawyer to do it. It seems that if you don’t have the email address of the correct person in DNM you can’t actually do it.

Hello mate
I’ve had the visa since July last year and haven’t managed to do it,
Basically it seems that there’s very few people in migraciones who know what needs to be done to get the DNI. You first need to register your visa with them somehow, can’t tell you how. Then you need to get an appointment with Migraciones and they will give you a DNI. Appointments at migraciones are also seemingly impossible to get unless you know the right person to contact.

See my post on the other thread on visa advice but basically I’ve given up on trying to do it myself and have employed a lawyer to do it for me. He seems to know who to speak to.

Whether you need a DNI or not is up to you I suppose if you believe the borders will be open for tourists before your visa expires then you don’t need one. I have came and gone freely on my visa but mine expires in July so I will need a DNI from that point to get in.

Thanks for getting back to me. I was worried it wouldn't easy as all these types of official places are still running with very few staff still because of Covid. My GF has been trying to renew her driving licence and has been going around in circles also..

I guess I will try going to migraciones and see if I have any luck. If I do I will let you you know.

In theory you message canal único de contacto through the DNM site and ask for a cita para DNI por acto consular.
Unfortunately the people who are responding to the canal único de contacto appear to not be reading the queries and just sending out copy and paste answers. Then there is no way to reply to them so you just go back to the start.

If you have the time and the patience you could just keep sending messages to there until you finally get someone who knows what they are doing.
Unfortunately I ran out of both so paid someone to do it for me.

Back