Get your pots out for the lads!

genialf said:
These people are really angry. They has to drag their butts all the way to their balconies and bang their pots.

I took a taxi home last night from meeting a buddy in Recoleta. We passed down Santa Fe and as we were crossing Callao, I saw that the cacerolazos were blocking Callao at the intersection. I saw a lot of people walking around in groups banging pots. It's maybe getting a little bigger, more like it was a few years ago when they were protesting the export taxes being proposed - when the city was filled with smoke from the fires set outside the city, for weeks. How many of you all remember that?

Give things time to grow. Grass roots movements take time. Don't know if it will ever do any good here, but maybe it will grow big enough.

Of course, the taxi driver was cursing under his breath and bitching about spoiled rich people wanting everything for themselves...

Hell, a buddy of mine was just telling me the other night at a dinner we had that he's involved with a Argentine Libertarian group here. They have a few thousand members. Who knows what might change in Argentina?

Just expect more of the same in the near future, though.

Just wait for the weather to heat up in line with people's patience and tempers.
As every poisonous drip of legislation and social control is released by this regime, I'm convinced they will be facing a summer of discontent.

At least they're getting angry. Any reaction is better than just changing the channel and doing nothing. And fairly soon, they will find that standing on Callao and banging a pot doesn't satisfy their anger anymore and they will march down to Plaza de Mayo. There is still hope that they'll start taking action.

Back