getting a DNI/residence (British expats)

gatoverde

Registered
Calling all British expats!

My British husband and I (Argentinian passport holder) got married a few months ago and are thinking of getting him Argentinian residence as he should be entitled as my spouse.

We already have the birth certificate but the question is whether he should get his good behaviour/criminal record/disclosure certificate from
http://www.acpo.police.uk/ or disclosure Scotland (he is Scottish and has lived in Scotland all his life before moving here)as both institutions have told us by mail that they are able to issue one... the question being which do you think the Argentinian Immigration office would rather take?

Thanks a lot in advance for your input!;)

Hi ya,

Im orginally from N Ireland and spent the last 5 years in London before coming here. I got the Disclosure Scotland report and that was fine for my DNI ( got DNI in July 2010 so just about 6 weeks ago) Just remember to get it signed by a Notary and also apostillised.

Oh a quick ps..double check the passport has no other residency stamps which may require additional crinimal record reports.

Rocco at the immigration office is familiar with this report and had no problems accepting it.

Good luck :)

ebrizz said:
Hi ya,

Im orginally from N Ireland and spent the last 5 years in London before coming here. I got the Disclosure Scotland report and that was fine for my DNI ( got DNI in July 2010 so just about 6 weeks ago) Just remember to get it signed by a Notary and also apostillised.

Oh a quick ps..double check the passport has no other residency stamps which may require additional crinimal record reports.

Rocco at the immigration office is familiar with this report and had no problems accepting it.

Good luck :)
I got a criminal record report,clean of course,from my local police in Nottingham,before I came here 6 years ago.I had it officially stamped and translated, and had no problem,suerte;)

Thanks a lot, Ebrizz and BHNCA! I was aware of the legal procedures to follow down here being a legal translator myself, though this time looks like I'll definitely have to hire a colleague ;)

gatoverde said:
Calling all British expats!

My British husband and I (Argentinian passport holder) got married a few months ago and are thinking of getting him Argentinian residence as he should be entitled as my spouse.

We already have the birth certificate but the question is whether he should get his good behaviour/criminal record/disclosure certificate from
http://www.acpo.police.uk/ or disclosure Scotland (he is Scottish and has lived in Scotland all his life before moving here)as both institutions have told us by mail that they are able to issue one... the question being which do you think the Argentinian Immigration office would rather take?

Thanks a lot in advance for your input!;)

He can apply for citizenship too, and this is much simpler because you don´t have to show up any paper, just the passport, the marriage certificate and the judge has to do all the research, including the criminal record, regards

Back