Getting a new DNI / Cedula

captainmcd said:
My passport has a Residente Permanente visa

They put visa stamps in passports? All I have that proves I am a perm. resident is my DNI, nothing about it in my passport.

GuilleGee said:
They put visa stamps in passports? All I have that proves I am a perm. resident is my DNI, nothing about it in my passport.

Don't worry. I believe Argentine consulates stamp passports when "granting" residency in other countries. I received my temporary and permanent residency in Argentina and migraciones did not stamp or write anything in my passport. Whenever you reenter Argentina after receiving temporary or permanent residency there should be a notation (hand written) on your entry stamp that reflects your resident status.

Yes, that is what I have, the Argentine Consulate in Houston stamped my passport about 15 years ago, and I enter with both my current passport and the old passport with the Residente Permanente visa. It saves me the fee for entering as a tourist. You can book a "tourno" on line at migraciones, but I was unable to reschedule a new one during my shortened trip last month. :mad: The next one was about two weeks out.

About 2 month ago I applied for permanent residency and now, checking my status, it says "Enviado a CENTRO DE DOC. Y ARCHIVO" - does anyone know, how long I approximately will have to wait now? Hence, they spoke of only 3 weeks...yes, I know, its Argentina still...

Thanks!

Back