getting dollars

jlord

Registered
i realise this is probably a dumb question, but any ideas how i can turn pesos into dollars (apart from the black market)?

basically my landlord gives me a rubbish exchange rate when i pay in pesos, so was thinking that this month i could potentially save a bit of money if i can do the impossible and exchange into US$700 by the end of april.

alternatively, a reply just saying "forget it. impossible" will suffice..

Are you a resident, do you pay taxes? You just need to go to the AFIP to set up your approval or I think you may be able to do it online. If you're not a resident taxpayer, ask an argentine friend who is if they'll change them for you.

no i'm still here on a tourist visa, i'll speak to a couple of my argentine chums - thanks!

jlord said:
no i'm still here on a tourist visa, i'll speak to a couple of my argentine chums - thanks!

Good luck. You'll need it. But at least it's "technically" an option.

go to Uruguay and withdraw a bunch of dollars there! The machines BROU (banco republica) allow withdrawals of us to $1000 USD at one time and the other BANRED/other types allow up to $300 but you can withdrawal multiple times.

A friend of mine did this that needed dollars went to Western Union and gave them a paper written saying I need dollars and the amount and was given dollars in a minute, she had to travel to Europe, people from Western Union have guards inside the office so that`s why she never spoke to them but went away with the dollars ha!

Back