Getting Fbi Background Report As Soon As Possible

Ritzz

Registered
Hello,

I recently got a citation from migrations saying that I needed to show up to the migrations office within 5 days. This is here in Cordoba. I showed up the next day. When I showed up they told me that I have overstayed my tourist visa (I guess it's not a visa, but for the sake of this post I'll call it a visa) and that I need to regularise my situation within 30 days.

I am looking at all the different things that I have to do to apply for a temporary residence, and everything seems pretty simple, except getting my FBI background report. I have stock paper, so it seems there are to next steps/ Print out a FBI fingerprint form, take it to a police station, have them send it to me, and then send it to FBI, have FBI send it back to a familiar in the US, have said familiar send it to the Dept of State to get it apostilled, and have it send back here to Argentina. Wow, so I have 30 days to do all that.

Does anyone have any advice on how I can meet the deadline? It looks like, from what I've read on this forum, there are "expeditors" or FBI approved channelers that can expedite this process but I also read that they do it digitally and this is not acceptable (Source: https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks/fbi-approved-channelers).

I've been reading on the forum and while most things I read are a few years old I am reading a lot of conflicting information. Any advice on how to get this done and meet my 30 day deadline would be great. Thanks in advance!

I'm not sure exactly how it would work doing it from Argentina, but I used the "expediter/channeler" national background check. They are the only channeler that can provide results that can be apostiled (according to them). I did the l
Live scan, but they did say they would do paper finger print cards (apparently some orgs have arcane rules that require paper results so it is still an option). It took less than a week to get the results. Im not sure if you can send them the fingerprint card done by someone else, but it may be worth checking. The fbi website says if you dont use a channeler it can take 13-15 weeks

Just did this for my German Passport application... in Germany.
Sent fingerprints (done by the NYPD) 6 weeks ago from Europe.
Still have not received Background paperwork at my US address...
Here is a link:

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks/submitting-an-identity-history-summary-request-to-the-fbi

Hey guys, thought I would sent an update.

I sent my fingerprints to MYFBIREPORT.COM via DHL Tuesday night. I got an email Friday afternoon saying they received it. I recently got another email from UPS saying my background report was being sent to my US address via 2 day shipping (I paid extra for it).

I will update once I get the background report back.

Once your FBI report arrives at your US address, your next step will be to have someone mail it to the US Dept of State for an Apostille, along with a check, and the completed DS-4194 form found on this page: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal-considerations/judicial/authentication-of-documents/apostille-requirements.html

I recently got a citation from migrations saying that I needed to show up to the migrations office within 5 days. This is here in Cordoba. I showed up the next day. When I showed up they told me that I have overstayed my tourist visa (I guess it's not a visa, but for the sake of this post I'll call it a visa) and that I need to regularise my situation within 30 days.

Ritzz, There are undoubtedly many other expats in Argentina with expired tourist visas that would like to know if your case is unique or there is actually a "crackdown" on those who have overstayed.

Perhaps the next time you are at the office of migraciones in Cordoba you could ask about this. I'm sure any information you are able to provide will be greatly appreciated.
emo32.gif

PS: Please post any info you get in this thread: Has The Long Awaited Crackdown On 90 Day Overstays Begun? http://baexpats.org/...verstays-begun/

My sister in the US who I had my background report sent to is currently out of town so I haven't started the apostille process yet.

My case is very unique. I can't provide more information but my situation wouldn't apply to anyone else here on this forum (or if so, only a very small amount of people).

Back