Getting Fingerprints for FBI

the pfa doesn t do it anymore.
You have to go to a police station of provincia de buenos aires with the fbi form that you can download fron the fbi website. Regards

Bajo_cero2 said:
the pfa doesn t do it anymore.
You have to go to a police station of provincia de buenos aires with the fbi form that you can download fron the fbi website. Regards

Thanks Bajo. Does it require a special paper or will regular people do just fine? Thanks.

I have to get this done as well. :p I downloaded the form off the FBI website and printed it on smooth cardstock. Will this work? I was going to have them taken twice and send both cards just in case.

I'm going to try my luck at the local comisaria this week if possible. :)

In Feburary 2012, I was able to get my prints done at the Comisaria down the street. Bajo cero might have more up-to-date info than I do, but it doesn't hurt to ask. I brought two normal paper printouts of the forms from the FBI website and sent them both in for the background check, in case one of them had some sort of error. If you want, on the FBI site they have a little guide on what are good prints and what are bad ones.
The guys at my comisaria refused any sort of payment, but I hadn't thought of bringing medialunas -- could be a nice treat!
Good luck on the FBI background checks!

The PFA doesn t take fingerprints at Comisarias anymore. They only take fingerprints it at Azopardo 620 and they don t do it as soon as there is not international treaty of collaboration among the 2 countries.
En Provincia de Buenos Aires they do it.
Regards

Really sorry if this is redundant- i have tried to review past threads but can't seem to find any updates on this issue.

I am noticing that jobs are increasingly requesting that we have our fbi background checks prior to applying- i had thought i would wait for an offer before but now realizing i better get on it.

Has anyone gotten their fingerprints done recently and can confirm whether I can do it at a local police station or not (i will definitely bring medialunas)?

Are people sending their prints to the FBI (with the apostile request) and asking them to be sent back here to b.a. or to a friend/family in the states to then send back here via fed ex/ups?

Thanks for any tips!! hugely appreciated

I did mine Twice at this comisaria on a Saturday: Cria. San Isidro 4º Las Barracas San Isidro Balcarce Nº2070
011 4512 2444

Just take your own FBI formats.

They worked ok for the FBI

thanks julian!

and did you request the fbi to mail it back to you directly?

also- do you have any idea if being mailed something from a non public entity, like private medical insurance/hospital aleman 'counts' for the domilio requirements?

considering it is reported that fbi can take months to get the prints back to me- this requirement is probably not so urgent :(

thanks julian!

and did you request the fbi to mail it back to you directly?

also- do you have any idea if being mailed something from a non public entity, like private medical insurance/hospital aleman 'counts' for the domilio requirements?

considering it is reported that fbi can take months to get the prints back to me- this requirement is probably not so urgent :(

You'd have to have it sent from the FBI to the State Department. The way I did this was send the fingerprints to the FBI with a SASE to send it to a relative of mine. Once my relative received it, he/she send it to the State Department for the Apostille. I sent them a SASE, and the State Department mailed it directly to my home here in Buenos Aires.

Back