Getting Fingerprints for FBI

But doesn't number 8 on this link suggest that if I request it that the FBI will sufficiently apostile it without having to deal with the state dept?

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/background-checks/faqs

but do u REALLY need fingerprints??? in the migraciob they say police record from your country (in my case Canada), nothing about fingerprints! I'm in the middle of having all my papers ready and suddenly realizing maybe i should've done it with fingerprints!!!! grrrrrr

Epah! ojo gordita75! Thanks for that, without my usual daily helado consumption i seem to be semi brain dead.

if you dont mind another brief consultation- is this the form you printed out and took to the local police?

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/background-checks/standard-fingerprint-form-fd-258

If so, there is a space for employer / address- do you know if i can leave it blank as i dont have a job yet?

Really sorry if this is redundant- i have tried to review past threads but can't seem to find any updates on this issue.

I am noticing that jobs are increasingly requesting that we have our fbi background checks prior to applying- i had thought i would wait for an offer before but now realizing i better get on it.

Has anyone gotten their fingerprints done recently and can confirm whether I can do it at a local police station or not (i will definitely bring medialunas)?

Are people sending their prints to the FBI (with the apostile request) and asking them to be sent back here to b.a. or to a friend/family in the states to then send back here via fed ex/ups?

Thanks for any tips!! hugely appreciated

I had fingerprints taken for the FBI in Sept 2012 at Comiseria No. 6 on Venezuela in Balvanera. Present the FBI fingerprint cards (2) on plain paper and the officer on duty will do the job in a few minutes.

On the FBI form, I requested that they mail the NO RECORDS ON File report to a friend in the states. He sent it with the $8 fee check and the Authentications Dept application to the State Dept. It helps speed things up if you include a self-addressed stamped envelope with US postage along with it. I didn't, and there was a delay. The apostille was sent by the State Dept to the US Embassy in BsAs and then to me. The Mail office never types the address correctly.

Keep in mind that if you travel back to the US after you have your FBI report, it nullifies the report and you have to do it all over again. So timing is rather important. Also, some people have been told the report is only valid for a few months. That directly contradicts what I was told (which is that it is valid until you travel back to the issuing country) but since it's Argentina, it all depends on the mood/humor of the person at Migraciones the day you go.

It will take a while for the process as well since you have to wait for FBI, then apostille from State, then have it sent here. I had mine mailed to family in the US and then fedexed here.

Thanks so much guys, very helpful! Either of you have any US postage laying around? :)

You can buy and print stamps online. https://www.usps.com/business/online-postage.htm

Hi,

I need to get my fingerprints done for a FBI background check. Is there any place in Argentina where someone can professionally collect the fingerprints? Thanks.
FBI does want the standard paper, hard paper with 10 finger prints, maybe you can get it in US easily. and use it in Argentina ?

im already down here and not going back for that- though may have to go back at some point just to buy shoes for my apparently giant size 9.5 feet. the paper they want is on the website. it's too bad i can't just get the prints digitally done and scan them- that will probably be possible next week.

it will be fine printing it out and i found a couple of stamp shops to check out today- seems more fun than printing them- but good to know thats an option (thanks crema)

Back