Getting My Papers Ready For Permanent Residency - A Recap

The DNI number is known to you only when you get the plastic card, it is not mentioned elsewhere.
If here it says they are printing it, I don't think you can actually do anything about it. It looks like your request was handled super-fast and the physical issuance of the DNI is taking a while. In my case it was the opposite: endless handling of application and super-fast issuance & delivery.

You might want to check with migracion. A friend of mine had that same status for a couple months (It still says it today...I had her tracking number). She contacted migracion and they advised that it had been mailed to her. It turns out the post office in her small town receives all the DNIs and maintains a list for people to pick them up but she had no idea that it had even been issued.

She ran down to the post office and there is was. This occurred very recently...within the last 3 months.

Well, I finally got the plastic. The tramite was resolved 26th February (after 4 weeks), but it took another 5 weeks to deliver the actual card. I had called with Migracion as advised, but they just check the online status.

Note that neither of the online options to check even changed the status, it is still in 'process of emission'! But OCA left a paper and my wife picked it up, she got it without even bringing the receipts.

Did anyone else have to translate all the local municipality documents required to request for the apostille of the necessary documents?

E.g., I have both my marriage certificate and apostille attached to the county clerk notarization. The translator says he needs to translate even the county clerk document even though it's not required for requesting my residencia.

Is he just trying to create more work for himself?

The translator says he needs to translate even the county clerk document even though it's not required for requesting my residencia.

It's part of the required documentation. If the notarization was not included, the document could not receive the Apostille. It must be translated.

The time allowed to edit my previous post had expired before time I could add this:

First, here's an edit of my previous post:

"If the county clerk's document was "attached" to a required document and no other notarization was included, the document could not have received the Apostille.

Otherwise, if the county clerk's document is not required for requesting your residency, why did you give it to the translator?"

So, it would be helpful to know what the "county clerk document" you are referring to actually is. When I applied for temporary residency none of the required documents were issued by a county clerk. All of my documents had "cover letters" that were signed and notarized and therefore were able to receive the Apostille.

That being said, I know from personal research that anyone applying for permanent residency based on marriage would have to provide any previous marriage licenses and decrees of divorce that would have been issued (respectively) by the county clerk and the Secretary of State.

I obtained both of these documents a few years ago (just in case) but I never had them translated. The official "certification of a marriage license" which was signed stamped and had a raised seal was issued by the county clerk. It did not have a cover letter and it received the Apostille.

Last edited:
Back